Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
...or spray em inn the eyes with 'gun scrubber'

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
A couple years ago I bought a protection dog from Howard Rodriguez in Burbank for $28,000. He recently almost broke the arm of a trainer through the protection suit. If you find the right dog, he's trained to evade gunfire, knives, etc., and bites like a monster, but wouldn't harm a flea on your kid's back. I would leave him alone with my kids before any other human. If you pay the money and get the right dog, it's like having superman in your house. He's a gentle giant, and one of the best investments of my life. I have seen this dog do things that would blow you mind. His brother defended some guy a couple years ago where the attacker got off 5 shots before he passed out from the shock and blood loss. If someone wants my GT, they have to go though Ulan.

Yeah... but I'm the type of guy that would have killed the bastard that shot my dog! :lol

I agree that a good trained dog is a great eye for the kids when your not there and that the kids love them as buddies. But I feel the dog is back up not a primary method of home defense.

A close friend of mine (Retired former HRT FBI .. now Chief of local police) told me that most of the crooks in the area go to the rifle range. The best way to make sure your house is safe is to go to the range, practice (like your going to war), they know your ready and willing .... so your house is the one that they go past .... .. there are easier pickings out there for them to hit. Remember that most thieves are professionals and just want a quick pay day. Its the amped up drug user that commits the "stupid crimes" you read about in the newspapers. Just don't go into those parts of town during the "statistical" crime times.

So we go to the range once a month and shoot a 1000 - 1500 rounds each. Never had a problem ...probably never will. To sum it up .... if you look like a victim you will be one, look prepared and live a happy life. (his words)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Hey we need a Dog category, in addition to Vipers.

You guys got great Dogs.

I would like to get a bull-dog. They dont move that fast; but the jaws are pit-bull DNA quality.

Sadistic

Jan 10, 2007
BAD COMPANY.............mobile-agile-hostile

That's a mighty nice machine gun.

Have you thought about taking pictures of the firearms without you in them?

+1 for a great guard dog.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
That's a mighty nice machine gun.

Have you thought about taking pictures of the firearms without you in them?

+1 for a great guard dog.

In Arizona any law abiding citizen can own and shoot a smg. Lots of people there have them.:biggrin

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Yeah... but I'm the type of guy that would have killed the bastard that shot my dog!

The dog was never shot. 3 of the 5 shots the perp got off were with the dog on his arm. The dog isn't just mildly chewing on his arm, he thrashing around like a great white and very difficult to shoot because he's moving around so quick. When the guy passed out, the dog just sat beside him and watched to see if he tried to get up again. Even if the crook shoots the dog, the game is over, the crook's surprise factor is blown, not only do I know there's a perp in our vicinity but so does everyone else for 3 blocks, and the last sound he hears is my 357. And actually, I have had many K-9 Police tell me these dogs are by far the best form of protection. One FBI agent told me that when they have a house surrounded in South Central L.A. with the baddest perps on the planet armed to teeth inside, they send out the swat team and they still don't give up, but you show up with a pair of these dogs and they come out almost immediately. The crooks know what these dogs are capable of, they have killed many criminals from blood loss before the paramedics showed up. They aren't "just going to bite you", give these dogs a good 5-10 seconds on someone's arm or leg and they will never ever use it again. And dogs don't have rules or have to make judgements about whether to shoot, they just do it like an animal, no hesitation, no rules. The crooks know that you and I and the Police have to follow rules when using deadly force, the dog doesn't.

Bony, nope, the dog does not mess up anything. They're like robots. The two years they spend in training is also intensive obedience. I've had this dog 3 years and he has never done anything wrong. He just sits there and watches. He loves to play like all dogs by the way.

Rocman, no they're trained in Germany, so you don't meet them until the training is done, 2 1/2 - 3 years old. We went to training ourselves for a month before we could take him home. The dog took to us on about the 2nd week. After he had lived with us for about a month, he was fully attached just like a normal dog. Dogs that are trained here from a puppy stage just won't be able of to attain the same level of training. It just too much work for people to take their puppy to school for 2 years everyday for 6-8 hours. You also get to see what the dog turned out like after training, most dogs never make it through the entire training, they fail somewhere along the way. So, it's best to buy a final product. That dogs treats my family just like we raised him, like almost all dogs will. It's only humans that you have to raise from a child to get that type of loyalty, dogs are much better people than we are in many ways.

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Dogs are much better people than WE are - PERIOD!

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
That's awesome. I'm a chow chow guy. The funny thing about chows is that they will bond with only one owner, ever. You have to live with them while they are a puppy, or else they will never fully bond with you.

My newest Chow is around 8 months old. She loves me, my wife, and my kids. The funny thing is my inlaws are staying with us, and have been since I brought the pup home, and she still barks and growls at them at least 10 times a day.:biggrin Maybe she just tuned to my thoughts.:lol

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
...or spray em inn the eyes with 'gun scrubber'

:lol :lol :lol

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
The dog was never shot. 3 of the 5 shots the perp got off were with the dog on his arm. The dog isn't just mildly chewing on his arm, he thrashing around like a great white and very difficult to shoot because he's moving around so quick. When the guy passed out, the dog just sat beside him and watched to see if he tried to get up again. Even if the crook shoots the dog, the game is over, the crook's surprise factor is blown, not only do I know there's a perp in our vicinity but so does everyone else for 3 blocks, and the last sound he hears is my 357. And actually, I have had many K-9 Police tell me these dogs are by far the best form of protection. One FBI agent told me that when they have a house surrounded in South Central L.A. with the baddest perps on the planet armed to teeth inside, they send out the swat team and they still don't give up, but you show up with a pair of these dogs and they come out almost immediately. The crooks know what these dogs are capable of, they have killed many criminals from blood loss before the paramedics showed up. They aren't "just going to bite you", give these dogs a good 5-10 seconds on someone's arm or leg and they will never ever use it again. And dogs don't have rules or have to make judgements about whether to shoot, they just do it like an animal, no hesitation, no rules. The crooks know that you and I and the Police have to follow rules when using deadly force, the dog doesn't.

Bony, nope, the dog does not mess up anything. They're like robots. The two years they spend in training is also intensive obedience. I've had this dog 3 years and he has never done anything wrong. He just sits there and watches. He loves to play like all dogs by the way.

Rocman, no they're trained in Germany, so you don't meet them until the training is done, 2 1/2 - 3 years old. We went to training ourselves for a month before we could take him home. The dog took to us on about the 2nd week. After he had lived with us for about a month, he was fully attached just like a normal dog. Dogs that are trained here from a puppy stage just won't be able of to attain the same level of training. It just too much work for people to take their puppy to school for 2 years everyday for 6-8 hours. You also get to see what the dog turned out like after training, most dogs never make it through the entire training, they fail somewhere along the way. So, it's best to buy a final product. That dogs treats my family just like we raised him, like almost all dogs will. It's only humans that you have to raise from a child to get that type of loyalty, dogs are much better people than we are in many ways.

South Central .... well, not to sound like a racist but I have never met a "brother" that was not afraid of a dog. Had many ask for me to put up one that never knew that he could bite ... all with fear in their eyes. But I do see and accept your point. The trained dog is the ultimate home defense "smart weapon" kind of the cruise missile-like in effectiveness . BTW can you PM me the name of the company that you got dog from? We are about due for a new dog and might as well go in that direction instead of the full time pet. That way the kids always have someone watching them when they are out playing. :thumbsup

Thanks

Last edited:

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
In a world of Compromise, Some Men Don't.

Part of my collection.

Attachments

• H-K-Security System1.JPG
    H-K-Security System1.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 134
  • Typewrite1r.jpg
    Typewrite1r.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 133

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
WHAT??????
No hand grenades?
No RPG's
No claymores?

Tisk, tisk, tisk.

'No capabilities at all... 'shame...
:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You have the short range covered, but what do you have to reach out and "touch someone?"

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
You have the short range covered, but what do you have to reach out and "touch someone?"

Thats what the Nuke is for! I am part of a restoration team working to ressurect a "retired" F-111 fighter bomber.

I used to have a functional British 25mm A/T gun, that was sleeved for 50cal and 12g as well.

heheheh

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Keep it coming guys. I love it! :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thats what the Nuke is for! I am part of a restoration team working to ressurect a "retired" F-111 fighter bomber.

I used to have a functional British 25mm A/T gun, that was sleeved for 50cal and 12g as well.

heheheh
The nuke is overkill, just think of the collateral damage. I was thinking more in line with a long distance surgical weapon, like at .50 BMG, or a .338 Lapua.

Is ammo available for the 23mm A/T?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Fast Freddy, I love the ma duce (m2) in the back of your truck. They are great toys. I suppose you get together with the Dillon folks down there in AZ. I saw a video of their night shoot awhile back, what a hoot. I have got to get down there for that sometime soon. I think Dillon has a GT in their fleet as well as other neat toys.

i have never shot with Dillon but i have a few of his vidz. i saw him on tv flyin a f-86 sabre and strafin the side of the hill with 20 mm. now that was badass :cool

here is a pic of what the jet looks like

Attachments

• filmwork_10.jpg
    filmwork_10.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

Sadistic

Jan 10, 2007
i have never shot with Dillon but i have a few of his vidz. i saw him on tv flyin a f-86 sabre and strafin the side of the hill with 20 mm. now that was badass :cool

here is a pic of what the jet looks like

Have you considered picking one of those up and adding it to your sig?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Take it to the Alley. Remind me to kick someone in the groin next time I'm in Midland. :lol

Isn't it ironic that the youngest, most foul-mouthed, grungiest looking guy moderates the most well-behaved forum...don't you think?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Take it to the Alley. Remind me to kick someone in the groin next time I'm in Midland. :lol

Isn't it ironic that the youngest, most foul-mouthed, grungiest looking guy moderates the most well-behaved forum...don't you think?

you may be the youngest but i am the grungiest :willy