• gaurddog.jpg
    gaurddog.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 115

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Gun toting GT Owners Rally

How about a rally for the Gun toting owners. Have it at the "thunder ranch" do some tactical shooting courses then a car and gun show. :biggrin

Any takers? I'll bring a few of my HK's

Steve

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
LOL I love it .... wear can I find that trainer?:biggrin

Whats wrong with a good guard dog ?:lol

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I would never use the DE for home defense. I have a nice Sig for that.:biggrin
My safe is in the garage, and my Sig is in the Bedroom (im not telling where:wink ). If someone broke in, they would first have to deal with my Chow, and Lab. My Mini Pinscher would also want to get into some of the action. That would buy me time to get to my Sig, and pop a cap!:banana

I do have a nice Remington 12G, which I agree is the best defense weapon to use, but I don't want to have any buckshot hit parts of my house.:lol

Just remember, any gun used in any shooting will be taken away as evidence, and you will never get it back, so never use a collectable or expensive guns for home defense!

If you guys like some of my handguns, you would love my Sig SSG3000 sniper rifle.:biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Lets start a gun thread.:lol Also remind me not to call you a stupid motherXXXXer:rofl :eek :rofl Is it really necessary to keep the gun scrub in the safe, I am sure the gate and alarm is adequate protection for that stuff:biggrin

You know, Gun Scrubber is like gold. That stuff works soooo good. I know it works cuz I accidently shot some in my eye once. I will never in my life forget that pain!:lol

I put everything gun related into the safe. Ammo, Cleaner, etc. The only things I dont put in there are most of my cases since they take up too much room.:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Just remember, any gun used in any shooting will be taken away as evidence, and you will never get it back, so never use a collectable or expensive guns for home defense!

If you guys like some of my handguns, you would love my Sig SSG3000 sniper rifle.:biggrin

Evidence that you will never get back, that's a bummer. I will have to get some cheap throw away 1911s. My 12g is disposable. I rather have buckshot damage in the house than a bullet going off the property. Never assume all of your shots will hit the target, in fact most don't!

I have a Sako TRG-22 instead of the SSG3000. It's heavy so I wouldn't want to tote it around though, but very accurate.

Gunsite and GTs would be a neat event. But getting all of the equipment there in a GT would be a real problem. I guess shipping equipment, or towing the GT are the only choices.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
If I remember correctly, Oklahoma has a "Make my day" law and you do get your gun back provided the shooting took place inside your own house, but sometimes you need to drag the body across the threshold.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
If I remember correctly, Oklahoma has a "Make my day" law and you do get your gun back provided the shooting took place inside your own house, but sometimes you need to drag the body across the threshold.

OK is the place to be!:banana
Seriously, I can't wait to get out of California. I love everything about it, except all the dumb gun laws. I can't wait to get my first class III weapon!:banana :banana

Texas, here I come!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Frank, these guys are potential great customers, they want to fill up your morgue.:lol

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
OK is the place to be!:banana
Seriously, I can't wait to get out of California. I love everything about it, except all the dumb gun laws. I can't wait to get my first class III weapon!:banana :banana

Texas, here I come!

I hear you on that one, dude!:banana :banana

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Mossberg model 590 with ghost sights ... best home defense weapon ever made. I had someone break in once and just the sound of the gun cocking was enough for the person to scream "I quit... don't shoot me... Man!!!" He was laying on the floor in his own urine when the cops showed up and carted him off. Cops where laughing their A*ses off when I told them that I was more upset about having a headache from the nonstop screaming (his) and him pissing on my carpet than breaking into the house. Christ, I have insurance .... but how do you submit a claim for robbery damage that is limited to urine stains on the carpet?:lol The would have just called it "water damage" that would not have been covered.....:rofl The court made him pay restitution for the window and Stanley Steamer... got to love the legal system. Pay the fine and time served. Never saw that guy around again.

Regarding Thunder ranch ..... they have a wicked rental gun room.

Also I think the new Barrett M468 is moving quickly to the top of my must have gun list.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I really like my 590 w/8 round capacity. I've got the SureFire light system installed on it. It is my weapon of choice out here on the farm.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
BAD COMPANY.............mobile-agile-hostile

Attachments

• 2776scan0005.jpg
    2776scan0005.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 2776scan0002.jpg
    2776scan0002.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 6986scan enlarged.jpg
    6986scan enlarged.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 166

racegirl

this is our lap dog...everyone seems to be scared of him though...
attach_photo-10.jpg

we generally follow my dads GT around and drool over it..not letting anyone get too close
ShowLetter-9.jpg
they generally assume we are carrying guns because of the cowboy boots, NRA stickers and american flags

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Fast Freddy, I love the ma duce (m2) in the back of your truck. They are great toys. I suppose you get together with the Dillon folks down there in AZ. I saw a video of their night shoot awhile back, what a hoot. I have got to get down there for that sometime soon. I think Dillon has a GT in their fleet as well as other neat toys.

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
A couple years ago I bought a protection dog from Howard Rodriguez in Burbank for $28,000. He recently almost broke the arm of a trainer through the protection suit. If you find the right dog, he's trained to evade gunfire, knives, etc., and bites like a monster, but wouldn't harm a flea on your kid's back. I would leave him alone with my kids before any other human. If you pay the money and get the right dog, it's like having superman in your house. He's a gentle giant, and one of the best investments of my life. I have seen this dog do things that would blow you mind. His brother defended some guy a couple years ago where the attacker got off 5 shots before he passed out from the shock and blood loss. If someone wants my GT, they have to go though Ulan.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
A couple years ago I bought a protection dog from Howard Rodriguez in Burbank for $28,000. He recently almost broke the arm of a trainer through the protection suit. If you find the right dog, he's trained to evade gunfire, knives, etc., and bites like a monster, but wouldn't harm a flea on your kid's back. I would leave him alone with my kids before any other human. If you pay the money and get the right dog, it's like having superman in your house. He's a gentle giant, and one of the best investments of my life. I have seen this dog do things that would blow you mind. His brother defended some guy a couple years ago where the attacker got off 5 shots before he passed out from the shock and blood loss. If someone wants my GT, they have to go though Ulan.

That's very interesting. Like you, I think my dogs would be enough, although your doggy sounds pretty awesome. I don't think my Mini Pin would be able to take him.
Im curious. Were you intoduced to him while he was a puppy? If not, did he immediately take to you and your family?

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
I am a little late getting in this tread but a few things to consider.
1st a gt has a chip in the key so you can't hotwire it you would have to get a set of keys or tow it to get it.
2nd If the next meet is on the west coast and we get near vegas there is a couple of ranges there that offer full auto gun rental.
3rd If anyone needs a gun safe I can get you a great deal on one.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am a little late getting in this tread but a few things to consider.
1st a gt has a chip in the key so you can't hotwire it you would have to get a set of keys or tow it to get it.
2nd If the next meet is on the west coast and we get near vegas there is a couple of ranges there that offer full auto gun rental.
3rd If anyone needs a gun safe I can get you a great deal on one.

Hi Todd,
There are several places in Vegas where you can rent machine guns to use on their range. No clue about item #1, thanks for the offer for #2. I keep my 12 guage pump behind the bedroom door.
God Bless America,
daniel

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Great stuff, but does he mess up the garden?