Shoud I buy a Superformance GT 40 Heritage ??

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
He could always swap for the Weber-look-alike, 8-stack injection if 'the look' is a large part of the "Weber" choice.

Yes - Borla makes one for the 302 -

http://www.borlainduction.com/200099-v8-kit-ford-302-35mm-air-horn.html

and for the 427FE -

http://www.borlainduction.com/200073-v8-kit-ford-427-fe-35mm-air-horn.html

along with the 351, 460 & others -

http://www.borlainduction.com/products/search.aspx?keyword=Ford

I believe they supply the ones that Roush sell....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
He could always swap for the Weber-look-alike, 8-stack injection if 'the look' is a large part of the "Weber" choice.

There are several fuel injection "8-stacks" and they all suffer from the same problems as the real carb'd ones except you trade fuel injection problems for the floats. Keeping them locked and synchronized is still a pain and harder since you have to have the computer to adjust the DFI controller instead of a screwdriver to adjust the floats.

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Has Webber tried to resolve these issues ? I would hate to have to change them out .
All good except for the not having trouble with Webers part, Their middle name is trouble, air correctors, accelerator pump jets, emulsion tubes, main metering jets, synchronization, throttle linkage, float levels, fuel pressure and other settings, good luck. A nice 4 barrel will solve all that.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Has Webber tried to resolve these issues ? I would hate to have to change them out .

Absolutely not and they've been that way since day one. A friend tried to install a new one and is still tinkering with the little vacuum thingie to get them synchronized in the banks of two, then the two backs on the sides. Then using the bell crank to get them synchronized right and left.

But they are part of the wonderful tinkerer's fun you're going to have :)

Congrats on the car. It sounds like you know full well what you've gotten yourself into. Now we can get a second opinion (besides Mike "Luke"'s) about what the car is. My Cobra was my favorite car ever but like I said the passenger in either a Cobra, GT40 or Daytona Coupe will consider it a torture chamber

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
I have an old school mechanic that knows Webbers pretty well , so hopefully we can keep them purring along . I look forward to taking some passengers around the track in the " torture chamber " , I have a feeling they will not forget the experience soon . 2400 lbs with 550 HP should be quite interesting . My Radical is about 1300 lbs and 275 HP with plenty of downforce and that sure gives the passengers a thrill . The GT 40 will be here the end of next week and I will give everyone a full report . Until then it will be alot of sleepless nights !
Absolutely not and they've been that way since day one. A friend tried to install a new one and is still tinkering with the little vacuum thingie to get them synchronized in the banks of two, then the two backs on the sides. Then using the bell crank to get them synchronized right and left.

But they are part of the wonderful tinkerer's fun you're going to have :)

Congrats on the car. It sounds like you know full well what you've gotten yourself into. Now we can get a second opinion (besides Mike "Luke"'s) about what the car is. My Cobra was my favorite car ever but like I said the passenger in either a Cobra, GT40 or Daytona Coupe will consider it a torture chamber

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Here is a hot link to the car I am getting - http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/gt40-for-sale

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Here is a hot link to the car I am getting - http://www.gulfcoastmotorworks.com/gt40-for-sale

What a beauty. Congrats!

Vince H

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Very nice!

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta

Oh man, THAT'S the dream right there. Congrats. Can't wait to read your thoughts on ownership!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your purchase, it's beautiful. I'm not sure I would fit in it though. I'd have to put it on, I think. Looks very well built. Enjoy, carefully.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
awesome looking machine .... :thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Wow, that's gorgeous! Drive it like you stole it and give us a report.

It looks like the dealer is addicted to Deloreans.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Beautiful!
I hope to have one, one day.
Congrats!
Best,
Mark

jbmracer

GT Owner
Nov 3, 2013
Delray Beach , FL
Yes , he is a very big Delorean dealer , however I dont think one will ever show up in my garage . Tony is the owner and he is an avid GT fan , he also had a Ford GT Heritage as his personal car and sold it to early . He did tell me that he has two GT 40's coming in May , one heritage and one on open order ( no colors picked out yet ) I thought about waiting , but I need instant gratification ! The cool thing about the rollers is that you can pick your engine/ intake configuration . I like the 302 with the Webbers and Gurney head covers since it is very true to the orginal race car . I can wait to hear the 302 with the W ebbers and the " bundle " exhaust .
Wow, that's gorgeous! Drive it like you stole it and give us a report.

It looks like the dealer is addicted to Deloreans.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Beautiful, use it in good health!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

JBM,

My Kirkhan 427SC Cobra had 4 Webber's on it's 427 FE. They looked really bitchin' but there were two big problems. They made big power but not smoothly. They were like an on/off switch. All or nothing. My Cobra would idle and it would go like hell at WOT. But at part throttle it would stumble no matter how much tuning we did. Next problem....they HATE any type of air cleaners. Even a loose screen killed a lot of power. Driving in AZ on our dry roads with lots of dust getting sucked into my $40,000.00 Keith Craft 427 was really distressing. I finally gave up and went with a 4-bbl Holley carb. The engine made the same max power but it was smooth and ran great with a K&N filter.

I love the look of Webber's but they are a major PITA. I would never attempt that again. Cheers.

Chip

Last edited:

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Looks great. Have fun.

Not sure I have ever seen the words " big Delorean dealer."

In that regard catch Seinfeld' comedians in cars getting coffee where the Deloreon breaks down. Favorite line "Johnny Carson and Sammy Davis Jr were investors of a car made in Belfast -- what could go wrong". ( paraphrase)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
:lol

SEMA Guy

GT Owner
Jan 24, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
I have been in the automotive aftermarket for many years and Superformance was a customer with a previous company. They are known for excellent quality and very driveable, well-engineered cars. I would not hesitate to buy one and unlike your GT a Superformance car is very replaceable if you damage it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

It appears you've chosen well!

That car is DISGUSTINGLY gorgeous!