short throw shifter

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
If you guys install these, I did mine last weekend, the only things I would add to the link with the DIY install instructions is that when popping off the inner shifter cable, a hammer works best to tap it off. I got on the driver side, pushed the shifter into 5th gear position, and tapped it with the hammer. Popped right off. When I tried to just pull it off, I could not for the life of me get it off and actually slightly bent the cable by pulling so hard. Its just a weird angle and hard to get the right leverage from the passenger side to pull it off. The hammer works in 5 seconds from the driver side.

The other thing I would add is when reinstalling your shifter boot, put it on with the center tunnel lifted a few inches. I couldnt get it to fit with the taller short throw shifter, there wasnt enought clearance between the shifter base and the center tunnel. But by lifting the tunnel, installing boot, and then dropping tunnel back down it fits fine. If I had known this the first time it would have saved me a half hour because I had already bolted in the tunnel and started the subwoofer.

One of the best mods I've done yet, very satisfied.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
When I placed the order I asked for them to ship out the ones on the shelf ASAP. Apparently there was some confusion and they just shipped today (Thursday Jan 19). I apologize to the guys that have already placed orders with me for the delay. They will ship out to you as soon as I get them.

When do they ship out Chris?

To anyone who hasn't bought yet - I am sold out until March. You can still pre-order on my website if you like.

Last edited:

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Got my spare short throw shifter today, thank you. Just to confirm for anyone wondering, it's the real deal in Ford box with Ford documentation. I have one on my car and it's identical.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Received mine today also. Like the other in my parts bin. One will get installed this spring,
which the way winter is going my be sooner than later. :biggrin

Thanks Chris

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
The remainder of the shifter inventory has been received and I am shipping outstanding orders now. Anyone that is interested in one, please go to my website:

http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet/the-98/2005-2006-Ford-GT/Detail

silversurfer

GT Owner
Jun 14, 2008
ordered! :thumbsup

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I love it. It's a little longer than the Hurst shifter on my Shelby GT but still pretty crisp.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
I'm going to have the GT guys put one in when they are here in May. Anything else to be done / checked out while they are in there?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm going to have the GT guys put one in when they are here in May. Anything else to be done / checked out while they are in there?

Oh yeah. Pulley and tune, FRPP muffler (but maybe the X-pipe), clear bra treatment, they do it all!

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hmmmmmm

The ones you buy from Torrie come with free installs by the GT guys...............

At least thats what I did.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Is there anything else I need to get when I install the SS kit? Can I use the stock boot and knob?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Is there anything else I need to get when I install the SS kit? Can I use the stock boot and knob?
yes

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Andrew,

Please sign me up for a set; thanks,

Sorry, I posted in the wrong place;

Last edited: