short throw shifter

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
B&M called Jack at Muscle Motors about making a big batch. Jack could put together a group buy if there is enough interest. Not too long ago B&M had the parts to make them, they just weren't assembled.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I'd be interested in one.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
If they are willing to sell them outside of Ford, I will be buying them in large quantity ASAP. But based on past experience I'm not sure that is true.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Done deal, I have bought all they have left. I will have some in a week - email me if you need one.

I also have a few stock shifters available.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I am interested. PM sent thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
zrchris,

You show these on your web site for order. Are you already accepting orders for them?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Sts

just purchased one through your web site thanks

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I went ahead and ordered via your web site too. If that was not right, no big deal to reverse.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Yes, I am taking orders as they have some already built and shipping to me shortly. Thanks guys! Once they are gone I'll have to shut down until the rest arrive. As I am not a big-budget supporting vendor I'm trying to keep things low key here; still I'll make it a point to renew my annual dues very soon. But yeah I have them on my new site. My price on ebay is higher because of the fees there - a good chunk at this price. So I recommend my site instead for the best deal. Right now I just have Paypal on there, but I will also take mailed money orders.

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Yes, that would be me. On my website they are $450.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Chris :thumbsup

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
For those that have asked about installation instructions: I will make sure they come with the Ford Racing instruction sheet and any other supporting info I can round up. However there is a very good post from years ago about doing the install already posted here. I encourage anyone buying a shifter to take a look here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?6203-DIY-Ford-Racing-short-shift-kit-install

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Just noticed on ebay, 4 short throw shifters for sale, $480.

richardhead

GT Owner
Sep 19, 2006
Is there any kind of alignment tool/gage needed with this installation? If so, does it come with the shifter?

For those that have asked about installation instructions: I will make sure they come with the Ford Racing instruction sheet and any other supporting info I can round up. However there is a very good post from years ago about doing the install already posted here. I encourage anyone buying a shifter to take a look here:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?6203-DIY-Ford-Racing-short-shift-kit-install

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
Again, that is me on ebay. They are cheaper in my store without the ebay fees ($450):

http://www.core-shifters.com/servlet/the-98/2005-2006-Ford-GT/Detail

Anyone that wants one please go there.

You do not change alignment from stock, you just pop the cables on as shown in the post. That's not to say you might not benefit from some adjustment in general, but that would apply regardless of shifter. The kit comes with bolts, bushings, washers, grease, and loctite.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I recently paid $650 for mine. Wish I would have found this earlier.. I thought I did a fair amount of searching. Go figure.

zrchris

GT Owner
Aug 12, 2009
Brentwood TN
As you can see from earlier posts I only secured these about a week ago. I wish I had known I could have gotten these sooner...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
As you can see from earlier posts I only secured these about a week ago. I wish I had known I could have gotten these sooner...

When do they ship out Chris?

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Thanks Chris :biggrin