Rally III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
:thumbsupI agree, this would be a very nice addition to the next and all events. I think as a group we are all learning what we want to see when going to a 4 day outing. The GT Guys, Heff, John Hennessey, Stellin, Mammoth and Saleen all have made the effort to put something together for the GT and having a little time in the event would be an incredible idea.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Give some thought to Miller Sports Park south of Salt Lake City, Utah...Oct. 2008 in conjunction With SEMA in LV. GT's at both locations would work. Two great events....Think about it?????

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Give some thought to Miller Sports Park south of Salt Lake City, Utah...Oct. 2008 in conjunction With SEMA in LV. GT's at both locations would work. Two great events....Think about it?????

George, SEMA is a great show, but open to the trade only. Can you get our members into the show?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
CA Bay Area

Sears Point (aka Infineon) Raceway, the wine country, Mario Andretti winery (with Mario there!), San Francisco the city by the bay, amazing twisty roads, great weather with almost no chance of rain, wine, PCH, the Pacific Ocean, Bony & Ed live nearby, etc - 2008 Rally?

Ed

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am behind Ed on this one, venue is everything, ship your car if it is a far distance. The combinaiton of all of the above points directly to NAPA and Infineon Raceway, Sonoma Mission Inn Hotel and Spa is GT Central, late September, could not be a better place on the planet! :thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Was at the Miller Park during the SAAC 32 last month. Nice track lots of twisties, but absolutely nothing to do at night, and it is truly in the middle of nowhere. Nice place though.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hey California guys,
I agree we have the best place to travel. So why don't we find a forumla to underwrite the shipping of cars for the other folks from the midwest and the east. Seems fair, doesn't it?
Good night all.
Bony

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
How about this...
Stay at the Gaylord GHotel in Grapvine Texas just outside of Dallas and not far from Fort Worth. http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/tour/upload/Gaylord-Texan-Brochure.pdf.

Track time at Texas Motor Speedway. Plenty of room for an autocross outside also. Maybe hire someone like Skip Barber for track help and ride-along's http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/

Take over Billy Bob's in Fort Worth for the night. The worlds largest Honky Tonk Bar in the world http://www.billybobstexas.com/

If it's Texas, I can help out at the Gaylord Texan. My company was owned by Gaylord for the last three and half years and just sold in June. I have a strong connection there. If it's Napa, a good friend of mine manages Silverado Country Club & Resort and I'll work us something there.

Now if it's Hawaii, I can really take care of it all here. More on that later.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Yes it does seem fair, we just need a "Big Pockets" to fund everything ! Good Night Mrs. Macgillicuddy, Where ever you are!

:cheers

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am for Wailua, Maui, we can take the cruise to the top of Haleakala Volcano, see if Ed Sims Hoosiers will run in snow, do the Road to Hana, Kaanapali Beach, etc. GT Luaus, GT Mai Tais, GT Beach Parties, GT Susets. AlohaGT, great idea, how long can we stay? :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
pockets...where is larry?

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I am for Wailua, Maui, we can take the cruise to the top of Haleakala Volcano, see if Ed Sims Hoosiers will run in snow, do the Road to Hana, Kaanapali Beach, etc. GT Luaus, GT Mai Tais, GT Beach Parties, GT Susets. AlohaGT, great idea, how long can we stay? :thumbsup

AtomicGT, I know you mean Wailea, Maui. We discussed this idea with several members last week and received an overwhelming thumbs up. Here's what makes a Hawaii Rally very unique. For the first time in the history of the state, we now have Superferry service allowing us to drive our cars on and off between the islands of Oahu, Maui and Kauai beginning in September. We can not only tour and experience 3 distinctly different islands but what a great venue for the entire family.

In addition to some of the most scenic drives anywhere with a number of outstanding destination restaurants, world class shopping and entertainment in the best climate on the planet; I'm confident I'll be able to arrange public showings, autocross, drags and the like.

This won't be for everyone as it will involve some logisitics. However, my company does have some nice resorts and hotels on each of the islands.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Hawaii would be awesome, but shipping would be crazy.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Hawaii would be awesome, but shipping would be crazy.

Isn't the speed limit capped at 50? :bored

now if we could take over teh road to Hanna that would be a different story!:thumbsup

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
AlohaGT, you are correct, Wailua is on the other side of the island and probably not the place for the GT. However, Wailea is! Only issue is accumulation of red dirt on the undercarriage of the car, from the volcano dirt? You have a good car washer? :thumbsup

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I vote for Austin, TX in March, 2008. Great places to stay (Four Seasons, Barton Creek), great roads (Hill Country) to drive on, great nite life (6th Street).

Austin is centrally located allowing GT owners from North, East and West to converge in a central location.

We would be glad to host a dyno and drag race day at our new 24,000 sf shop and track facility which is 90 minute or less drive from Austin:

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com

There would be no cost for the dyno and drag day.

Excellent plan. I can help with any local stuff. Lago Vista is a suburb of Austin.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
We discussed this idea with several members last week and received an overwhelming thumbs up. Here's what makes a Hawaii Rally very unique. For the first time in the history of the state, we now have Superferry service allowing us to drive our cars on and off between the islands of Oahu, Maui and Kauai beginning in September. We can not only tour and experience 3 distinctly different islands but what a great venue for the entire family.

In addition to some of the most scenic drives anywhere with a number of outstanding destination restaurants, world class shopping and entertainment in the best climate on the planet; I'm confident I'll be able to arrange public showings, autocross, drags and the like.

This won't be for everyone as it will involve some logisitics. However, my company does have some nice resorts and hotels on each of the islands.[/QUOTE]
Good idea, Kelvin. FGT's in Paradise. I second the motion.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Florida guys! Florida!!!

It does not get more exotic and exciting than South Beach , an international destination and world class night life. Also some of the best beaches in the world.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Family and GT in my case = Disaster

wife won't ride in it, thinkgs she will die

15 yo will ride in it but wants a friedn to ride with her

22 yo just sits in it and has her picture taken.

So, Rally time, I am a solo fer sure! :cheers

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Florida guys! Florida!!!

It does not get more exotic and exciting than South Beach , an international destination and world class night life. Also some of the best beaches in the world.

After speaking with GTJOEY and some of the Northeastern guys, Florida would be a great place. South Beach is the place to be. Can a track be located close to Miami?...Let's hear it from the right coast guys...............

Gino

Status
Not open for further replies.