Rally III

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
A couple of other thoughts for the East Coast. Landsdown Resort outside of Washington, D.C. Lots to do and see, golf close by, good restaurants, Summit Point track close for us Track Junkies etc.
Another is Richmond, Va. Same as above except Virginia International Raceway could be used. Although it is ~ 2 hours from Richmond, I'm sure if we decided to use the track, we could fill The Lodge and Garages for a pre-track day stay.
Both ares are good central locations.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Like Virgina, it is for lovers.
Woke up today in Fresno, I am depressed, last Tuesday it was Scottsdale.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
Vegas would be great although I still like Texas (biased) We could also get Motorsport Ranch for some track time. We did that for a Viper regional rendezvous and it is awesome.

http://www.motorsportranch.com/

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Although not a "big venue", western North Carolina (Asheville, Maggie Valley, etc.) would be nice. Western North Carolina offers some of the best roads on the East Coast (Deals Gap, Blue Ridge Parkway, Cherohala Skyway). It can't be beat in the fall. Many car/bike clubs have an annual event there.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Although it would be in my back yard, Florida is just too damn hot in the summer.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
As the event grows, we can discuss refining it. Several points which are a must:-

Need some subcommittee chairs to work out details:-
1. Women's activities, ie. shopping, fashion show, driving events designed for them, ladies tech session. Must include them in our plans. Kim, sounds like she could be a great chair. By the way, welcome Kim:)
2. Event Secretary. Need maps. addresses for GPS
3. Promo Mgr. Obtains good bag items. Need a nice executive gift to be put in everyone's room every night. Develop line of wearables for FGT owners.
4. Parking and Security. Sponsors need reserved parking for displays. Cars need to be protected and watched and together.
5. Chief Driving Instructor and Steward. Needed to teach folks how to get the most out of their cars safely.

Just thinking out loud....

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
As the event grows, we can discuss refining it. Several points which are a must:-

1. Women's activities, ie. shopping, fashion show, driving events designed for them, ladies tech session. Must include them in our plans. Kim, sounds like she could be a great chair. By the way, welcome Kim:)
2. Event Secretary. Need maps. addresses for GPS
3. Promo Mgr. Obtains good bag items. Need a nice executive gift to be put in everyone's room every night. Develop line of wearables for FGT owners.
4. Parking and Security. Sponsors need reserved parking for displays. Cars need to be protected and watched and together.
5. Chief Driving Instructor and Steward. Needed to teach folks how to get the most out of their cars safely.

I can't understand what you are saying. Bouncy gets my full attention every time you post.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I can't understand what you are saying. Bouncy gets my full attention every time you post.

Ha !

Mr. Genaddi

Permanent Vacation
May 9, 2007
Bony,

I for one would be happy to take over the parking and security with the cars at the events and when we travel to other activities so that all cars are under cover or sitting in front of the events with security. Additionally I did give Kim a few pointers on driving the GT that she walked away from it feeling more confident. I have been in SCCA race for years, an instructor for high speed events and trainer for first timers and people that just want to enjoy the car more without feeling like they are trying to keep control of the hounds of hell.

Really the car is like driving a Focus with a little more power but if you already can navigate through your daily life driving an SUV, Minivan or normal car you can drive a GT and look like a pro doing it.:banana:banana

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What was the headcount on the Yacht? I have several possibilities for an on the water party. The Flagship Texas holds up to 250. We could also do a charter boat on Lady Bird Lake in Downtown Austin. I think their largest boat holds 100. After that boat cruise 6th street is about 1/2 mile away.

http://www.theflagshiptexas.com/

Here is a hotel that is adjacent to the Flagship Texas. The hotel is first rate, but the boat is a little old. It's best feature is it is huge.

http://lakeway.dolce.com/property/prop_map.php

Lakeway is where several prominent Texans live or weekend. It is about five miles from AJ Foyt's lake Travis home.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
After driving the Newport Beach to LA and down to San Diego for lunch Sat. with my daughter I feel like I could instruct SCCA driving school. GT owners in Texas don't know what traffic is. Tomy Hamon Sat. evening I was glad to hand my GT keys oner to John Hennessee's Hauler.

funat50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 1, 2006
Greensboro NC - IOP, SC
Southeast.

Anywhere in the Southeast in fall or spring. Daytona, Orlando, Atlanta, (Chateau Elan) Charleston, Myrtle Beach, Asheville, just to suggest a few.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mark me lad!
Glad to see yah stepping up!
No doubt your a talented young whipper snapper! After that drifting expo I bought ten blocks of Goodyear! And... A new respirator :)
Cheers,
Bony

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ch.Elan is super cool:)

Mar 15, 2006
I vote for Austin, TX in March, 2008. Great places to stay (Four Seasons, Barton Creek), great roads (Hill Country) to drive on, great nite life (6th Street).

Austin is centrally located allowing GT owners from North, East and West to converge in a central location.

We would be glad to host a dyno and drag race day at our new 24,000 sf shop and track facility which is 90 minute or less drive from Austin:

www.LonestarMotorsportsPark.com

There would be no cost for the dyno and drag day.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Cool beans, one potential sponsor speaks up.
I have PM with my credit card info, for you to arrange for a minor adjustment on the dyno pull, I want to be the first 1500hp FGT... :)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The east, Texas or Florida, all are great ideas but would almost have to take place either before or after summer (heat and humidity). When this question was raised during this years rally, many stated that they wouldn't be interested in these locations in the dead of summer.

This off season rally would be fine unless it leaves out poeple that have to plan around summer/school vacations. Maybe a poll could be taken to see how many would have to be a no show if the rally took place in May or Oct?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
great idea...DBK, post a maningful survey and we'll do this the good ol american way!

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas

1. Women's activities, ie. shopping, fashion show, driving events designed for them, ladies tech session.

Errr, I might be interested in chairing this committee... :biggrin :devil :party :wink

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Depending on the location, SuperO (That's Olga :wink) can arrange some Girly stuff and I can work on maps.... But that's if it's in our area.

The FordGTForum wearables should be placed on cafepress or something like that. Do we have or do we need permission to use the ford / ford gt logo?

Stuff for a goody bad is great, but don't you think executive gifts in all the rooms is a bit much?

I'd like to see a vendor show like most conventions have. Rather than a trip to each location or having vendors try sell stuff without a venue. All we need is half a day in a small ballroom. Gives everyone a chance and a place to ask questions of vendors. Interested in a GTX1, step over to the Genaddi booth and ask. Want one of those cool leather jackets, try one in the next booth. Then step over to the Saleen booth to ask about a Gurney bubble. Carbon Fiber, Short Shifter, Exhaust, it's all right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.