Washington State
Let's do it in Detroit!!!!!!

...I thought they closed Detroit??? :shrug

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes, lets go to Mike's house, great humidor, then we rally to his bud's house and exercise his collection for him... a real winner.

Sounds great! This week I will start the "Bonyhandi Kalifonia Diet of the Stars" - Makers Mark and only Makers Mark!!! I might be lucky enough (I hope every day) to be invited to a two day event at VIR coming up in ~ two months. I need to drop enough of my "overhead" to fit into that Porsche GT1 in time for this once in a life time event :cheers

When DBK fixes the #%^^# picture posting issues I'll send all the picture as the GT1, '74 930 and many of the Porsche racers (historic) Bony eludes to are for sale :eek

He is keeping the 917 and the 70' 911 Turbo Martini Racer though and what a history around those two cars

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
OMG you go JJ !

Read you loud and queer.
castro-282x63.gif

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
NYC......100 GT's echoing thru the streets of Manhattan......

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Do you think they will let us park in Central Park?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Maybe rally iv but rally iii ,im in for florida. don , what say you. gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Rally II is officially over and I have nothing to do :willy

I'm going to DisneyLand! :thumbsup

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
How about a central location: Chicago, Kansas City,Dallas, Austin?? Do any of these cities have some good "car guy" attractions??

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I hear that Austin is a nice city.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I absolutely vote for Florida, Key West is just a huge tourist trap.

I think Naples or Orlando (you can bring the entire extended family to Orlando) or West Palm Beach would be fun.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
I absolutely vote for Florida, Key West is just a huge tourist trap.

I think Naples or Orlando (you can bring the entire extended family to Orlando) or West Palm Beach would be fun.
Orlando has plenty of places to let your GT "unwind".....Rumor has it SR528 goes by the airport too lose for police to use radar/laser, and SR417 has a 5 mile long bridge with no entry or exit points. Also plenty of 5 star hotels and places to eat.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Anybody ready to volunteer to be a liason and propose a mix of car activities, great hotels and things for the non car guy wives to do during the day. Newport had great retail opps for the ladies.... Don't let the cat get your tongue.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
It has been suggested that we do a Texas tour for the next rally. Perhaps starting in Houston near the "Texas Mile." Then moving up thru Austin with a long run thru the Hill Country. Finally ending in Dallas with a stent at Texas Motor Speedway, a run on extreme go-karts and a tour of the Unique Performance facility.

Daytonia would be nice too.

Really, I vote we scrap all this non-sense and go to La Mans.

BigsGT

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 8, 2006
Austin Texas
I've gotta vote for Texas! :biggrin

I'd be willing to help set it up...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Texas is o.k.

Tx is fine. Need to arrange a stop in Midland for the Jim Hall collection.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I think Florida would be henious in the Summer. And it it is far away!

Consider this, the West has the best weather in the summer, often low humidity, great tracks, vistas, mountain runs. I know, we just had one here, but the following venues should be considered.

Monterey - Laguna Seca track, close to SFrancisco, excellent accomodations and run potential

Napa - Sears Point Infineon Track, excellent cruising, great venues, accomodations, wine tasting as the best in the world. Superb dining potential in the evenings in the valley. Close to SFrancisco

Vegas - Las Vegas Speedway, Shelby America Headquarters. All the entertainment you could possibly want within about a 4 block area. Incredible cruise potentials including Lake Meade, Valley of Fire, Red Rocks, Virgin River Canyon. Superb restaurants and most likely the best accomodations at resonable prices.

Salt Lake City - Not known for a roudy town, but 20 miles west is the Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, Ut

Phoenix - way hot but good facilities if planned in the fall. :thumbsup

The Venue is everything, just ship your car to it. Then you can have a great time and not worry about getting a Shelby GT-H to attend the event.

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
Great idea! Monterey, during the race, maybe we can get it as the featured marque?

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
you california guys had your year. Just got back in from a 21 hour drive. Fun but tired.

Texas is 1st choice but I might be coaxed into Vegas. Florida .... nope not me not in August ... prime Hurricane season.

S

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
You can't beat Napa Sonoma. Lots of stuff for the ladies there!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The National Viper Club has had events in both Texas and Florida. We could use some of their planning from past events for our 3rd event. There are fun things to do in both. We had a family trip to Orlando with Sebring track day and other tracks near by for autocross and 1/4 mile fun Also in Grapevine Texas with great things to do there as well. They have the largest bar in the US maybe world there. I would maybe probably for the time being vote Texas.....

Status
Not open for further replies.