Status
Not open for further replies.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello,
I think the event should be either in Florida or Texas. Most of our owners outside of California live in those two states. We had an event in the Midwest and the West. Now it is only fair to go to the East. One last thought, we need a place where THE GT GUYS can set up shop to do mods, service and emergency repairs. I am open, and ready to go. Also, where it winds up should be dependent of forum members who are willing to help set up the event. Thanks all that did lend a hand this year.
God Bless America,
daniel

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
I am in agreement with Daniel. Texas being the No. 1 choice. There is a great possibility that Texas would be the largest turnout of all. Centrally located and there is no question as to the Texan hospitality.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Ok, lets step up closer to the bar...
I will sponsor a MAKER MARK MANHATTAN, PLYMOUTH GIN AND LEVEL MARTINI BAR & wines. Who is next? Time to start planning was yesterday.... :)

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
According to the Registry, there are 41 GT's in TX, 57 in FL +18 in GA.
TX is still larger than FL+GA combinded. So from a population density the FL area is twice as heavy.

As for a choice, TX or FL are fine. Vegas would be ok for Rally 4, too West after CA.

What would make FL great would be a multi city event, but moving hotels daily would be a major burden. Perhaps a day or two early at Sebring (Monday/Tuesday) for those that can make it, then a cruise down to the main event.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I am in agreement with Daniel. Texas being the No. 1 choice. There is a great possibility that Texas would be the largest turnout of all. Centrally located and there is no question as to the Texan hospitality.

I can resume work on getting time at the Texas Motor speedway and get garage access thrown into the deal. If they go for it we could store the cars in the garages depending on the time of the year. If we do it in August it will be thirty degrees past way hot!!! We could do a midyear thing mid fall or early spring to give the northern guys a brake from the cold. If Unique Performance is still going we could tour it. I setup a tour for the Texas guys that came to Detroit with us. Otherwise the killer driving on backroads is where I live. Unfortunately it is 200 miles from the track. We could do 2 track days then come down to Central TX for a run in the hill country.

Any suggestions. . .

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
How about this...
Stay at the Gaylord Hotel in Grapvine Texas just outside of Dallas and not far from Fort Worth. http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/tour/upload/Gaylord-Texan-Brochure.pdf.

Track time at Texas Motor Speedway. Plenty of room for an autocross outside also. Maybe hire someone like Skip Barber for track help and ride-along's http://www.texasmotorspeedway.com/

Take over Billy Bob's in Fort Worth for the night. The worlds largest Honky Tonk Bar in the world http://www.billybobstexas.com/

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Great links Awsum, looks like THE GT GUYS could easily set up shop at the track. Is it possible that you post the agenda from a typical VCA meet.
Do you know what R&D stands for??

R&D= rip off and duplicate :)

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Honky Tonk?
I'll have to buy some cowboy boots!
How hard is it to drive the GT in Boots?

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
hmmm.......

Monterey Penisula, Carmel by the Sea, Highlinds Inn, Laguna Seca, Wine Country.

Napa, Sonoma Mission Inn, Sears Point Infineon Race Track, Northern SF Bay cruising, wine tours, SF, etc etc etc.

Where is Texas? :cheers

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
hmmm.......

Monterey Penisula, Carmel by the Sea, Highlinds Inn, Laguna Seca, Wine Country.

Napa, Sonoma Mission Inn, Sears Point Infineon Race Track, Northern SF Bay cruising, wine tours, SF, etc etc etc.

Where is Texas? :cheers

California two years in a row? How about leaving california to see the rest of us .... we'll come back in round 4. I know you miss us but .... :lol

I a all about the scenery/drives in Florida, I mean they are tourist spots for a reason, but is it really the best reason to have a rally there? I'm guessing you'll have a few more "drivers" if you have it in TX, but let's see...
DBK, do you have contacts in Austin or Dallas areas to see if there are "fun" tracks or racing facilities to accomodate us? You may end up with an even bigger crowd in TX... and OKC could be a reasonable stop-off for drivers. We have a great time in Bricktown and have the space for a great party!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have contacts everywhere. :wink Once upon a time I was born in a magical place called Fort Worth.

No seriously, I like the ideas. Texas vs. Florida vs. Colorado seem like the three big ones. Just keep throwing out a variety, I'll sort through all the various items and investigate further.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I have contacts everywhere. :wink Once upon a time I was born in a magical place called Fort Worth.

No seriously, I like the ideas. Texas vs. Florida vs. Colorado seem like the three big ones. Just keep throwing out a variety, I'll sort through all the various items and investigate further.

We need to ask the East Coast guys if they think TX or CO is far enough east for them. I still think we owe it to them. I'll be coming from the West so there is nothing self serving in an Eastern venue. I'm in no matter where we go.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

At a minimal East = EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!

Co to us far eastern'ers is nothing more than 20% of the total way to Ca :rofl

Hell, where is samthejeepman, GTJoey, Tiger6, Onboost et al. when I need them...:confused

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I got your back mike ! :cheers:cheers:cheers

At a minimal East = EAST OF THE MISSISSIPPI!

Co to us far eastern'ers is nothing more than 20% of the total way to Ca :rofl

Hell, where is samthejeepman, GTJoey, Tiger6, Onboost et al. when I need them...:confused

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We need to ask the East Coast guys if they think TX or CO is far enough east for them. I still think we owe it to them. I'll be coming from the West so there is nothing self serving in an Eastern venue. I'm in no matter where we go.

To be fair, let's remember the first Rally was in Detroit. That's 2300 miles from Orange County. Detroit is 600 miles from NYC. The West Coasters had the first turn to be hosed, so it's 1-1. If we went to Southern Florida we'd be sending them 2800 miles again...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
North Idaho? Western Montana? Alberta?

I'm in no matter where we go.

IFC ---ditto me on this.

North Idaho has some good roads. :rofl

Just how big is your new garage?

100 GT's with inside parking?:biggrin

Just kidding. :wink

Was good to see you and your better half at the Rally.:cheers

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
To be fair, let's remember the first Rally was in Detroit. That's 2300 miles from Orange County. Detroit is 600 miles from NYC. The West Coasters had the first turn to be hosed, so it's 1-1. If we went to Southern Florida we'd be sending them 2800 miles again...

But Rally I was a magical event never to be repeated - the end of the GT production! Nothing will ever compare to that event in this car's history!

If the first Rally was "central" being truly Mt. Rushmore in South Dakokta, I don't think I would have gone at all (unless it was pheasant hunting season).

That was then (Detroit) a special time and place for a tribute to a car we all personally take extreme pride in ownership of - never to be converged on for at least another 8 years (10 yr reunion?)

OCPETE

GT Owner
Nov 20, 2006
Killer Dana, CA
In all fairness to the right coasters, I elect either Abu Dhabi or Honolulu

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I will have to concur with mike on Rally #1 being really special. Getting to witness the final lot of GT's being built is a memory I will always cherish :biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.