Mats available

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
SteveA said:
Just got my mats. They REPLACE the original rubber. They fit like a glove and are available in 52 or 38oz. The rear HAS to be 38oz due to the low seat clearence. I have a set of each for the front but prefer the 38oz due to the fact they sit perfect between the recessed groves and look like a factory piece; see pics.

Good fit. How do we contact him and order some?

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
uhm...nice, nice but I'm going to try to make my own unique personalized mats hehe, wish me luck

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
How much were the rears?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
The gentelman who makes the mats told me if there is interest he will contact admin. and sign up by the rules.
Mine were a one off but he kept the pattern and it would be a flip of the switch to go into production. (He has a fairly large opperation). Me may also use my car to make sun shields and covers.

We had a loooong talk about putting "FORD GT" or just "GT" in black thread on the mats but I guess Ford has some big O'le apes that thump people who don't play by the rules and he doesn't think there would be enough orders to buy the rights. However he can put your name or anything else on them or do any color of trim.

Mine as you can see are plain black but the do look very OEM. :thumbsup
He will post prices very soon but for my past cars they were very reasonable.

As I posted before, he can do 38 & 52oz and the cost difference is next to nothing. The rears almost have to be 38oz (it is sooo tight a fit). He made me a set of each for the front and I prefer the 38's.

Just for the record, I have no financial interest in this and I am even paying for my set although at a discount price. I just think you people will like the OEM look.
Steve

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I don't think anyone has the rights to the GT letters. GT would be fine on the matts.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
WhiteBlueGT said:
I don't think anyone has the rights to the GT letters. GT would be fine on the matts.

Probably not to the letters GT, but I would imagine Ford GT or the conjoined GT are copyrighted or trademarked. Not sure, but owning a trademark, that would be my guess.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
AZGT said:
Probably not to the letters GT, but I would imagine Ford GT or the conjoined GT are copyrighted or trademarked. Not sure, but owning a trademark, that would be my guess.

Bingo! You could put GT on them but it can't be the correct font or even a real close match.

Tungsten

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Atlanta
Mats

Followed your directions and just got my front mats. I went for the 48oz.
They fit great and go right over the old rubber mats. They arrived just when they said they would. Good buy from my perspective.
Don

DanQ

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2005
Lake Zurich, IL
SteveA, has your contact decided to make mats available? What is the contact info? (I'm interested in front and rear mats that replace the front rubber mats)

thanks

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
He was going to join the site but not much intrest from people here. A few have PM me and he has done some for them.
Send me a PM and I will foward it to him..........just got off the phone and he will have a price and a contact for us in the next day or two.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Super Quality Inexpensive Mats

Fuzzy mats are definitely over the top. I think I had them in a Rolls 30 years ago--werent theey Mouton fur or something like that ? Probably not quite pc in 2006, however.

Seriously, really really high quality mats can be custom made easily. I have always used top of the line carpet remnants (usually Oriental that match or complement the interior) and have them cut and (serged or surged whatever the correct spelling is) to the car. Cost is pennies compared to commercial available products. They are super heavy so they do not move and last forever.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Just got the call from the manufacturer (Erick) of the floor mats in my GT.
He has set up one of his distributors that we can purchase the mats from.
The distrib. is IMC @ 877-225-5858 and ask for Terry.
Erick has told me that for a complete set of front and rears with GT and the edges stitched will be about $150.oo or a little less. (Someone forget to tell him ahout the GT tax).
I have 3 different sets. 1 set is 38oz front & rear no logo. The second is 52oz front and 38oz rear and the third is 38oz front & rear with GT stitched on them all black. I prefer the third.
He will produce any color of mat with any color of piping and logo or even someones name or message( :ack )
It's a toss up between the 38oz & 52oz for the fronts, I just think the 38oz looks cleaner and more factory, however do not try the 52oz for the rear! They will not fit, the seat is that low!
Steve

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Has anyone seen what Ford lists as "Accessory Mats?" Different part numbers for left and right. Are they an accessory, or just a repeat of what's already in the car?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Specifically for the GT? No one has noted such a thing before. What site are this listed at? Make sure not looking at Mustang GT parts.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Whats the final dope on the Lloyds carpetted mats?

-part #
-light weight or heavy weight better?
-Color, reflection, match
-non-stock feel?

-Clearly the OEM rubber matts will grey over time or have white film build-up from cleaning, dirt, etc.

While the mats look custom made, and fit is exact; do these carpet sets make them look non-original aftermarket?

As someone mentioned no color is going to match the "tone", feel of the black interior.

Just viewing the pics makes me feel like they might not match the quality of the interior material v. just ordering a spare set of OEM rubber mats when the originals get beat.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
SteveA said:
Just got the call from the manufacturer (Erick) of the floor mats in my GT.
He has set up one of his distributors that we can purchase the mats from.
The distrib. is IMC @ 877-225-5858 and ask for Terry.
Erick has told me that for a complete set of front and rears with GT and the edges stitched will be about $150.oo or a little less. (Someone forget to tell him ahout the GT tax).
I have 3 different sets. 1 set is 38oz front & rear no logo. The second is 52oz front and 38oz rear and the third is 38oz front & rear with GT stitched on them all black. I prefer the third.
He will produce any color of mat with any color of piping and logo or even someones name or message( :ack )
It's a toss up between the 38oz & 52oz for the fronts, I just think the 38oz looks cleaner and more factory, however do not try the 52oz for the rear! They will not fit, the seat is that low!
Steve

Can you post any pictures of the mats?? thanks

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Love the stock mats

One of the things I really like about the GT's interior are the stock rubber mats. They seem to fit the high performance image of the car & ooze race car. I just can't envision myself going over 200mph in my GT with carpet under my feet. Just a gear head's opinion.

Ed

rmartin175

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 15, 2006
Delaplane, Virginia
Actually, I have found some really nice rubber mats that work well for the car at Pep Boys. They have "Ford Racing" and Logo on them. Black mats, with blue oval ford logo, white border, and white letters. Pretty cool actually (for rubber). They definitely fit nicely and serve the purpose.