Mats available

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
I called roadworks and orderfed them...got plain black red piping , the monogram looked tacky

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
LEMANSZ said:
I called roadworks and orderfed them...got plain black red piping , the monogram looked tacky

I'll probably be calling them soon too- I don't see any options for piping on the website- is that an option that they offered on the phone, or did you see it on the website somewhere? How much is red piping? :thumbsup

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
Sorry for the confusion, I ordered items from both places but the GT mats came from Roadworks. Heavyweight, black, part number 6432.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
they said they would TRY for the red pipping

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Here are some pics of the Lloyd's mats in plain black I just received from Roadworks for $79.99 plus shipping. Good quality and fit for the money IMHO.

Attachments

• GTmats2.jpg
    GTmats2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 265
  • GTpassenger2.jpg
    GTpassenger2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 250
  • GTdriver2.jpg
    GTdriver2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
where are the pics?

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sorry, first time posting pics and I didn't realize the file size issue :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ordered a set. thanks

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
dbtgt,

Looks like there are anchoring holes in the mats (1st pic.). How does that work?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Do they have something that conforms around the pad already on the floor, or do the droop over it? Did you need to take out the original?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I had 2 sets of mats made by a company called MatWorks, Ltd (matworks.com). One set with "Ford GT" stitched on it and one plain with just the borders in silver. They could not use the "Ford oval" or the Ford GT logo due to copyright issues, so I went with plain block letters. On the passenger side I used 2 pieces, one for the floorboard and a second piece for the footwell where the fusebox cover is. This got rid of the fold in the carpet on that side. I sent them templates of what I wanted and turn around was about 2-3 weeks. Total was about $200 for 2 sets. AC

Attachments

• DSC03632.JPG
    DSC03632.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 356

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
The original rubber mats stay in and the new mat conforms to the different heights. They are a great fit and feel much better under your feet, plus no dirt marks every time you get in. Mine came with no anchoring holes, you dont need them they fit so snug.

Last edited:

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
AZGT,

Where in AZ?

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
PHXGT said:
AZGT,

Where in AZ?

Pinnacle Peak. Where are you?

:cheers

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The company in southern California that has the fancy GT mats will make a group deal but his prices may still be high. He is around $650 with the Ford GT logo and no graphics and $850 a set with the graphics. I may order a set. Anyone interested in a group purchase? Sounds like he takes 3-4 weeks to make.

Bony... I have an extra white cane at home.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Jerry, hell of a deal, but can't find your house anymore, got lost on my driveway yesterday, not to worry, I am waiting for the 2008 GT that promises to have GPS :party :tongue :party

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
WhiteBlueGT said:
The company in southern California that has the fancy GT mats will make a group deal but his prices may still be high. He is around $650 with the Ford GT logo and no graphics and $850 a set with the graphics. I may order a set. Anyone interested in a group purchase? Sounds like he takes 3-4 weeks to make.

Bony... I have an extra white cane at home.

On a more serious note, his stuff is beautiful, he always has a booth at Concourso, did he have one at B-J? Just have to see them in a GT. I ordered the cheapo set, then saw the three piece set above, so I am waiting to see what mine will look like in the car. I won't rule yours out.

Got to get off my considerable butt and get my car over to Whipple. I have decided to go with the same size pulley as you have installed.

dbtgt

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Sorry PHXGT and AZGT,
I didn't check the forum yesterday - out driving all day! :banana
The anchoring holes are unneccessary and can hardly be seen once in the car. They were a surprise to me when I received the mats and I would order without if that was an option. When I ordered, I didn't see any mention of them as an option or not. The mats have a rubber backing and do not slip once installed. The fitment is quite good. They conform slightly to the underlying "rubber mat" of the floor and are thick enough and stiff enough to smooth out the floor quite a bit. It makes the car a tad bit more comfortable. The front flap on the passenger side mat folds up over the fuse box and fits quite well. I do not see the need for two pieces at this location. My only criticism is that not all blacks are created equal. In certain light, the black of the mats is slightly different than the rest of the black in the interior. I have had this criticism on just about every set of black mats I have owned regardless of price. The factory black mats in my 997 which cost almost twice as much have the same issue. That being said, I would order again, especially for the $$.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I have been following the posts about the mats. I recently ordered a new set of the original mats just as a backup. They run about $200.00 a set. I must say I like the unusual degign of the factory mats. Does anyone know if a front "bra" is available for the car? I wouls like to drive out to Detroit for the "reunion" but would like to protect the front of the car.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
dbtgt,

Thanks for all the great info. Ordered them and looking forward to their arrival.

AZGT, I'm in PV. Would enjoy hooking up for a drive sometime. Maybe to Payson and back. Need to get the radar detector first.