Ford GT Future Value>>>>

enrico

GT Owner
Jul 20, 2010
London, UK
Even if 3,000 are left, that's still 10 times more than say an Enzo..

...but only 3 times more than an F40 (they produced more than 1000 if i am not mistaken) which is still holding value very well notwithstanding the HUGE negative carry of holding one (15k for a clutch, don't even go into cambelt and tank changes). If we look at other classic ferraris you def need to have a very small production for the price to skyrocket above 1m (e.g. 250 GTO) but very good looking bodies still command a nice premium even for car produced on a wider scale, take a 250 GT Gran Lusso for example at half a milion now. Just my 2c.

Anyways much more inclined to agree with the folks here, i.e. driving and enjoying the car is a far better experience than watching its value rise in time!! which, don't get me wrong, is definitely a plus if you are forced to sell at some point, but won't make us rich anyhow. This might sound like blasfemy but what about a drop in price in the short-medium term?? getting a second one would definitely be cheaper in that scenario and then we would seriously stand to gain from a long term appreciation. ;-) what i really wouldn't like see in the news is Ford producing a new one, and for god sake not electric pls!

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I just hope that I'm still here in 20 years - to keep on enjoying my gal.
Ralphie, Ralphie........You aren't one of the "gal" sayers are you? Please tell me no.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
At that figure I won't need or want to drive. I will have a chaffeur.

I personally prefer my own "harem".

With the "harem", you could have a few chaffeurs too!!! I agree with the sentiment (already stated), whether it be a harem or a "gal", just looking at beautiful women isn't as much fun as "riding 'em". JMHO

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
That's why i don't watch sports. If I can't participate....I'm out. However, there is something to be said of voyeurism on a aphrodisiac level......preparedness perhaps.

Last edited:

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
So when I posted it I fully understood that enjoying the car and driving it was the point of having it. If you are in the car collector business to make money then well you have a nice hobby you call a business. My only point of this thread was to get opinions on value, not whether it is a good investment or not. Any other predictions would be interesting.

Additionally, I happen to be in the investment business and investing is about all I know about and it is what I spend my waking hours thinking about. When I dont want to think about it I get in the GT and go for a drvie. So because of that the value for me is more than I could ever get someone to pay.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Unless you have an in-the-wrapper Heritage, I wouldn't ever expect to get huge money for your GT.

You just gave Sam a woodie!! :banana

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Additionally, I happen to be in the investment business and investing is about all I know about and it is what I spend my waking hours thinking about. When I dont want to think about it I get in the GT and go for a drvie. So because of that the value for me is more than I could ever get someone to pay.

Precisely and totally agree!!!!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Precisely and totally agree!!!!!

+ 1 ......Correcto-mondo

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
An age old question to which there is no right or wrong answer. In high school i had a 67 SS camaro,i sold it for Fair Market value at the time around 1000 bucks. now that car would sell for 20 thousand.
If and when i ever sell my GT i will expect to get Fair market Value at the time. What ever that will be is any ones guess. Between now and then im going to drive it, care for it, maintain it, show off in it,and not worry about it's value going down from usage.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
An age old question to which there is no right or wrong answer. In high school i had a 67 SS camaro,i sold it for Fair Market value at the time around 1000 bucks. now that car would sell for 20 thousand.
If and when i ever sell my GT i will expect to get Fair market Value at the time. What ever that will be is any ones guess. Between now and then im going to drive it, care for it, maintain it, show off in it,and not worry about it's value going down from usage.

As Bony would say "ASSACTLY!"

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
All of us will be kicking ourselves for not buying two (except those that own two)

H

HHGT

You just gave Sam a woodie!! :banana

And it has lasted way more than 4 hours...Who should I call?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Sam, you a priapism, a clot in the veins allowing drainage. Massaging won't help, you need to see a doctor right away.

H

HHGT

Sam, you a priapism, a clot in the veins allowing drainage. Massaging won't help, you need to see a doctor right away.

Head Doctor Maybe?:willy:willy:willy

I had to look up Priapism...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priapism Frankly the complications section has made me hold my groin for the last hour....My life will never be the same Frank.....How did we go from GT Values to a Heritage to Priapism I will never know...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Blame Kingman.

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
I had to look up Priapism.... Frankly the complications section has made me hold my groin for the last hour....My life will never be the same Frank.....How did we go from GT Values to a Heritage to Priapism I will never know...

:rofl

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Even though the GT wasn't even close to being the most expensive, but it will probably worth more than any other regularly produced 2005/2006 in twenty years and that's good enough for me.

GT 1547

GT Owner
Dec 4, 2006
Vernal, UT
I'm just curious KBB and NADA both give a retail value of my car, 2006 tungsten with 5800 miles in excess of $190,000. how else would an insurance company determine the value?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I'm just curious KBB and NADA both give a retail value of my car, 2006 tungsten with 5800 miles in excess of $190,000. how else would an insurance company determine the value?

Answer: ANY WAY THEY WANT that will result in paying out a little as possible.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The cars will get driven less, not more, over time.

Interesting. Why is that generally? I put on 1,000 in my first month. I've noticed that my annual mileage has steadily decreased. I attribute it mostly to my kids involvement in club sports programs and work as well. But, seriously, I'm curious as to why the amount driven tends to go down over time.