Ford GT Future Value>>>>

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
As long as you have the original parts and can have it put back to original spec in a weekend a tastefully modded FGT should bring the same as an unmodded. Maybe more depending on condition and mileage.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
I was having a conversation with a friend last night. We are both car enthusiasts and we began discussing
what the potential future value of the GT will be 20 years after. We debated the point quite a bit.

I am posing this question to the members.

Assume a standard 4 option 2005 car with 20k miles and a normal color (white etc..) and not modified. In
great condition. No stories etc.. It is 2025. What is the value of the car.

I know there are so many factors that will go into this and so many things can change. Assume what you
want in your number.

For my taste, this same topic comes up far too often on this forum.
Just drive it, enjoy it and forget about it! You won't be around when it's worth ultra dollars anyways so who cares. JMO

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The cars will get driven less, not more, over time.

Interesting. Why is that generally? I put on 1,000 in my first month. I've noticed that my annual mileage has steadily decreased.

Sooooooooooo, w/o knowing it, what you boys are saying is that, from day one, Pockets has simply been ahead of the curve in this area. :tongue

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sooooooooooo, w/o knowing it, what you boys are saying is that, from day one, Pockets has simply been ahead of the curve in this area. :tongue

:agree:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Except in the "enjoyment" department - the rest of us are enjoying the car's capabilities, not just the sight of it!

H

HHGT

You should not use this word while visiting the Wynn.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Except in the "enjoyment" department - the rest of us are enjoying the car's capabilities, not just the sight of it!

Yeeeeeeeeew enjoy it YOUR way..............I'll enjoy it MINE, ya ole goat!

('Keep this up & I swear yeeeeew ain't gunna be paid back that MMM you bought wifey at the Palms!)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You should not use this word while visiting the Wynn.

Oh, shuddup, Sam. :slap

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
Wow!,,,,So many wonderful comments and opinions. Both sides of the spectrum. Hmmmmm, do I bag it for investment or do I drive it and enjoy it??? ...Hmmmm?!?!?! Unless you are one of the fortunate one that can bag one and buy another one for driving, I would say find the right blend of both. Enjoy the car (maybe 2,000/yr) and keep it under wraps for several months.

I for one am torn. I love driving this car but don't want to diminish the value too much. So, I am about to buy the vehicle that this car was built to beat (in the modern era). The 360 Modena. My intention is to drive the crap out of the Modena and enjoy it without guilt. That should be easy since they made about 5,000+ /yr of these cars. I will drive the GT but only to special events and on sunny days!

Lets face it...This is a once in a lifetime Halo car. A true piece of American history (Americanah!). It should not be abused. Except for an occasional track event or Mohave run!

I remember when I brought my first GT home and my parents cam over to see it. I told my Mom it was a good place to park money for my Daughter's collage fund until she got out of High School. I said I would sell it when she went off to collage to pay for school. My Mom, (being an I-talian from NY) told me,,,,I better work a lot harder because I don't ever see you selling this car. I think she is right!

And if you can't read between the lines.....I said my "first GT"....Yes, I totaled my first one a mile from my house on the maiden voyage. Right into a telephone pole. I am lucky to be married to a wonderful girl. She said buy another one because I don't think I can live with you unless you have your dream car in the garage.....

Nuf-said....

GTJIMMY

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Wow!,,,,So many wonderful comments and opinions. Both sides of the spectrum. Hmmmmm, do I bag it for investment or do I drive it and enjoy it??? ...Hmmmm?!?!?! Unless you are one of the fortunate one that can bag one and buy another one for driving, I would say find the right blend of both. Enjoy the car (maybe 2,000/yr) and keep it under wraps for several months.

I for one am torn. I love driving this car but don't want to diminish the value too much. So, I am about to buy the vehicle that this car was built to beat (in the modern era). The 360 Modena. My intention is to drive the crap out of the Modena and enjoy it without guilt. That should be easy since they made about 5,000+ /yr of these cars. I will drive the GT but only to special events and on sunny days!

Lets face it...This is a once in a lifetime Halo car. A true piece of American history (Americanah!). It should not be abused. Except for an occasional track event or Mohave run!

I remember when I brought my first GT home and my parents cam over to see it. I told my Mom it was a good place to park money for my Daughter's collage fund until she got out of High School. I said I would sell it when she went off to collage to pay for school. My Mom, (being an I-talian from NY) told me,,,,I better work a lot harder because I don't ever see you selling this car. I think she is right!

And if you can't read between the lines.....I said my "first GT"....Yes, I totaled my first one a mile from my house on the maiden voyage. Right into a telephone pole. I am lucky to be married to a wonderful girl. She said buy another one because I don't think I can live with you unless you have your dream car in the garage.....

Nuf-said....

GTJIMMY

I too have been watching the prices on driver 360's and 430's fall and wondering about the correct time jump in and the correct way to convince the boss we need another car.

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
That's easy...:bored...Just bypass a new piece of jewelry and go right for a new kitchen! It worked like a charm for me....:thumbsup:willy

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
Kitchen is 3yrs old, time for a rework!

GTJIMMY

Permanent Vacation
Jun 12, 2009
Lloyd Harbor, NY
I don't think you can justify a new one in 3 yrs. Maybe new living room & den furniture. :shrugThrow in a trip to Paris!:rolleyes
Or, you can tell her that you deserve it because you are the hardest working S.O.B. in the house!!!!:bang

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I too have been watching the prices on driver 360's and 430's fall and wondering about the correct time jump in and the correct way to convince the boss we need another car.

Just make sure she doesn't Google the maintenance costs on 'em and you could be home free.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That's easy...:bored...Just bypass a new piece of jewelry and go right for a new kitchen! It worked like a charm for me....:thumbsup:willy

'Both a kitchen & a BMW in my own case...:rolleyes

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Or, you can tell her that you deserve it because you are the hardest working S.O.B. in the house!!!!:bang

Jimmy, Your wife doesn't read this I hope. :rofl

jrz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 27, 2008
She has been looking at Lotus Evora's, sounds about even for a used Scud.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
As Northwood GT said, GTs should be driven and enjoyed. However, values, particularly the recent F cars (355s, 360s, 430 etc), led me to have a discussion with a friend who has owned more Italian supercars over the last 30+ years than I can count. He reminded me that this fascination with flipping the new F cars (and numerous other high end cars in general) is a recent phenomenon, and proceeded to show me numerous old advertisements of (what are now) high end Ferraris at give away prices, when they were just another 3-5 year old used car. After this discussion, I am convinced that a lot of these cars will always be just used cars, no matter how nice because there are newer and better versions being built. A 365 Daytona is a helluva car (though probably not worth what it was at the crazy peak), but the 365 GTC 2+2 is just another car. They may be worth more than what they were sold for forty years ago, but so is a '68 Z/28, and I doubt they've appreciated at much above inflation. Furthermore, there are boat loads of 308s, 328s, 348s, TRs, 512 TRs, 550 Maranellos (anyone seen the values on those lately? Ouch!), and they'll be boat loads of them 20 years from now. For the better part of 15 years Ferrari has been getting away with marketing cars that were "keepsakes," an argument that is now utter bull$h!t, except to the poor saps that bought into it. For that matter, I still don't know how Mercedes sells (and I loved my E63 Wagon that I bought for a song) 6 figure new cars that are half that price 2 years and 15 thousand miles later. The music has stopped in the game of high end car musical chairs. The only buyers now seem to be the folks who actually want to keep and drive them. Hopefully the gold chain crowd is gone with the speculators. I don't think it will affect the 2 year run of GTs, but the rest of the crowd is in for a rude awakening come trade it time, if they haven't already witnessed the sticker shock.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006

I think the 430s are quite nice, particularly the Scuderia. It's the maintenance costs on F-cars that can kill you. If you are really considering one, as you already know, make sure to do extensive due diligence and a thorough PPI to make sure there are no very costly surprises. Servicing a GT will seem like a bargain compared to having your local Ferrari dealer play with your car.

Last edited:

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas

If you have to get approval, you might consider a new wife instead of a new car.

Or let me "rephrase". If the main breadwinner has to ask the other spouse then it might be time to consider a new partner. He/she who makes the money says how it is spent. Just my opinion

Last edited: