Dallas Rally to Rally IV

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
two other things to remember about Texas.

Football IS a religion.

and

A cold beer and a "Howdy" is good greeting for everyone but the LEO that just pulled you over for weaving down the road.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Dallas to Austin

I will be there to make the run to Austin, comming in from Indiana and will be on my way. I will have a truck and trailer to park for Monday-Tuesday but my wife will be taking it to Austin on Wednesday. Are you going to send out contact information and directions? Also need motel information for one close to your place (the action). Was at a show with INDY GT over the week end and he was telling me about the run to Austin.

So add me to the list and keep me updated.

BigInch Blake

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Matt
Just got back from a AZ vacation and saw all the threads on the Rally. Would love to hook up with you all. Been a while since I saw you, Gary and the SCAT gang in Dallas. I will be driving from MO, not hauling my girl and would love inside parking if you have it or can recommend if yours is full.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'll get all the contact information out in the next few weeks. I have 2 hotels that should work but want the best parking so I have to drive them in my mustang to make sure no one scrapes...Keep posted guys..its going to be fun and we are getting more and more people.

matt

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Hey Matt, I just talked to the Middlekauff crew. He will be attending.

Last edited:

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
We'll be headed down from KC through Dallas to Austin.
Plan on taking the truck and trailer on in to Austin.
My F350 has a locking hard tonneau cover and could hold a lot of luggage.
Still finilizing our departure date so if the time lines match up I'd be willing to haul the luggage if needed.

Jeff

I call dibs on a little space there. :thumbsup

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Good idea, I will have a hole empty trailer that can haul all kind of luggage or any other items that need to get from Dallas to Austin.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
We will join you from around monday afternoon - my brother Martin and my good friend Soren (he also attended Rally III) and I.

See you in Dallas

:cheers
Anders

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Happy to have the Denmark boys :)

I do have a question for everyone leaving from Dallas. The first day of the Rally is in College Station. Do you want to drive to Austin and stay at the Hotel there Tuesday night and then drive over to CS? Or do you want me to look into a Hotel and security for us Tuesday night in CS and go straight there? I think I know the answer but want to throw it out.

Matt

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Matt!

Matt-
Really looking forward to your pre-rally get together. Dave's event this year appears a bit different than in years past since it starts at a the Texas World Speedway in College Station, TX. and not a hotel welcoming party the beginning night.

To answer your question and in light of the different rally kickoff, I would favor spending the night Tuesday evening in College Station to be fresh and ready for the track session. Was hoping to get two days in Dallas for the pre-rally as Chip has done with his Scottsdale gang which is very fun. So if you want a one-day pre event (Monday) in Dallas and drive on Tuesday to CS that is OK or if you wanted to back it up and have some of us out-of-towners show up Sunday to get in two-days with you, that would work as well. Totally up to you and the other participants. Just need to know ahead of time to plan the lodging and transportation logistics.

Thanks for putting this on and hopefully we can hook up with the Scottsdale group as they head into Texas as well!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Have I understood this correctly?

The start of the official Rally IV takes place at a the Texas World Speedway for an event similar to the Las Vegas Speedsway event? Then later that sae day/evening in Austin, we all meet for the first time for registration etc?

If this is the case, I guess we might just as well head directly to College Station - and set up our own little dinner/social event.

Anders

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Have I understood this correctly?

The start of the official Rally IV takes place at a the Texas World Speedway for an event similar to the Las Vegas Speedsway event? Then later that sae day/evening in Austin, we all meet for the first time for registration etc?

If this is the case, I guess we might just as well head directly to College Station - and set up our own little dinner/social event.

Anders

Pretty much....unless you want to join the 2 Rally to the Rallys....Dallas and Scottsdale.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Tuesday, people will be gathering in Bryan-College Station for Wednesday's event at the speedway I would assume, as well as a few in Austin, but for the eastern and northern arrivers, Austin is well out of the way. Bryan-College Station is a pretty boring town actually, but there is a superior steak and chicken fried steak place nearby in Somerville, 30minutes from BCS,south of Bryan....kinda on the way to Austin. Very old timey, not pretty, but EXCELLENT southern style, Texas meat. Somerville Steakhouse (fornerly Country Innn) Phone 979-596-1222 (HUGE portions and cheap!)

Last edited:

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I got registered for the rally this week, and would like to spend tuesday night in College Station. Any news on motels on the track side of town?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I'm going to call a friend thats a cop down there :)

I'll get info and get back with everyone...there are a couple of nice hotels down there now since I went to school there. And Somerville is a great steak place...chicken fried steak is the size of a serving platter...give me a couple of days to look into it.

Matt

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Cool, thanks Matt. Let em know if I can help with anything.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
There are a couple of inexpensive "motels" in Somerville. I have a friend with a ranch there right on the highway. Completely private, cannot see from the road, has electric entrance gate. Ranch (with storage for 100 GT's, trailer etc) is 3 minutes from the Country Inn Steakhouse (now renamed The Somerville Steakhouse) and "motels". Kinda on the way to Austin to.:cheers or bring your sleeping bag

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks Matt and Nardo for the suggestions and coordination with parking, food, lodging, etc.
Mark, are you planning to attend the Dallas event as well?

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I realy prefer to stay at College Station on Tuesday night. Would someone have time to pick a good motel and get a contact number to share with the rest of us so those who want to can stay at the same location?

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Thats what I'm working on Blake. The hilton looks to still be the nicest hotel there and I am going to work with UPD to setup an officer to watch our cars for us overnight.