Tulsa, Oklahoma
Thanks, appreciate the tips. That really helps. :biggrin

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Florida Chris,
Not to be a pest, but how do you get the Borla in with tips in place if you have to cut the exhaust tips off to get the stock unit out?

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
sounds like a lot of hassle for slighly better sound to me

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
You save 40 lbs if the posted weights are correct. Lighter is always good. Cost per gram lost?

BlackICE

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
dbtgt said:
Florida Chris,
Not to be a pest, but how do you get the Borla in with tips in place if you have to cut the exhaust tips off to get the stock unit out?

The Borla exhaust comes with removable tips. You install the muffler and then slide the tips on and clamp them tight. No worries. :thumbsup

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
have you guys seen or looked into the Ford motorsports rear bumper exit headers. Its just a long tube header with a collector at the end and tips out the back of the car like the Borla exhaust... Dont know if its been on here or not but I just looked through ford racing and saw those on there.
M-9430-GTX.jpg

Vs.

M-9430-GT.jpg

with the addition of

M-5230-GT.jpg

Just looks rather on the aggresive side if you ask me. Im sure it would sound like a screamin devil to run those open headers on a GT. May justhave the grunt some of you guys are looking for.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mod Friendly said:
have you guys seen or looked into the Ford motorsports rear bumper exit headers. Its just a long tube header with a collector at the end and tips out the back of the car like the Borla exhaust... Dont know if its been on here or not but I just looked through ford racing and saw those on there.
M-9430-GTX.jpg

Vs.

M-9430-GT.jpg

with the addition of

M-5230-GT.jpg

Just looks rather on the aggresive side if you ask me. Im sure it would sound like a screamin devil to run those open headers on a GT. May justhave the grunt some of you guys are looking for.

Piko 06 has them.. I hear they are screaming,....maybe too much, actually

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
Lol I can only imagine just how loud they can actually get. But man your basically in a tame race car, you may as well have it sound like one.