Borla Exhaust

Cool Runnin'

GT Owner
Oct 6, 2005
Miami Beach
Tom B said:
Chris,
Tom B from the svt board. I recieved my exhaust today, the list price for the muffler is $2700., and my dealer sold it for $2200. Come with nice large chrome tips. I'll try to attach a couple of pictures.

Tom

Tom, what is your impression of the sound? Is it noticeably different?

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Exhaust sounds

I had the exhaust installed this week. It throws off a different tone for sure. It is not really noticeable at idle but on highway it's a pretty good growl. I dont know how to really describe sounds. It's not like crackling glass packs or something like that. At a stop light I dont think you can even tell from inside the car. But there is a changed increased sound at higher rpm's.
The exhaust tips are a noticeable difference in chrome and wider. They have a very good look.

The install went well removing the decklid was a little tricky but well designed for removal. Care should be taken to not let it rub against rear fascia as clearence is just about non existent with decklid fully tilted. The car is also difficult to lift as many of my lifts will not meet lifting points. So we did it on the ground.
I am pleased and love the look! I guess at times i want it really loud but i am sure i would tire of it also. So it was a good compromise.

yimn

GT Owner
Dec 12, 2005
I am new to the forum. My GT is coming in about a month and I want to order some performance parts (muffler etc) for my car. Please advise where is the best to do so on mail-order basis.

thanks

racer X

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2005
I would call DM (Dallas Mustang) see number above, as a member they should be able to supply the Borla to us at a better cost. Ask for Mr. Wilson

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
yimn said:
I am new to the forum. My GT is coming in about a month and I want to order some performance parts (muffler etc) for my car. Please advise where is the best to do so on mail-order basis.

thanks

If you just click on the dallas mustang sign at the top of this post it'll take you to their GT parts page. The Borla is the same thing as the Ford Racing Exhaust.

Welcome to the site :cheers

V8 FGT

GT Owner
Oct 2, 2005
London
Pilot, out of interest did you go for the straight thru pipes aswell?
Has anyone else gone for that package?
I see they are not legal for road use in the U.S. The U.K "seem" to be slightly more tolerant, I have friends with decatted Tubi's on their 360's and decatted Diablo. They sound awesome and they have not as yet been stopped by police. Only real issue in UK is for the MOT test (required every year (after first 3 years), straight thru pipes would not pass the emissions rules so the cats would have to replaced for the test.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
prom night, tonight ...

V8 FGT said:
I see they are not legal for road use in the U.S. The U.K "seem" to be slightly more tolerant, I have friends with decatted Tubi's on their 360's and decatted Diablo. They sound awesome and they have not as yet been stopped by police. Only real issue in UK is for the MOT test (required every year (after first 3 years), straight thru pipes would not pass the emissions rules so the cats would have to replaced for the test.

so dress up for the day, ... what's the issue, once every three years, mate !
: ))

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
V8 FGT said:

Decatting is a normal procedure here in the States. No one will bother you. Running straight pipes on the road is a totally different story.

That is unless you have an electronic cut-off that you can regualte from the cockpit.

Dave

Mod Friendly

Feb 8, 2006
Plantation, Florida
No emmissions testing in florida thank god. So Stefan if your down here driving around wtih it with no cats it really wont matter unless you get an officer who is just having a crappy day that pulls you over. As for the tone its the same at idle but will get louder as you drive but not annoying loud, just a deeper tone. The tips will change color once you get on it hard enough. So they wont stay chrome, they will get a yellowish bluish color once they are heated.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I want the Borla Exhaust, discussed it with Brian but I don't recall what we decided.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
The Borla is back ordered for quite a while.

Most the tips where dammaged, and all muflers have now been sent back to Borla, and Dallas Mustang have no word on when the matter will be solved

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Yep, picked up my GT last night and got the sad news, backordered until May.
So that means August right? :willy

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
V8 FGT said:

piko06 has, finally ! Theyu say it is like a GT racecar...cant wait to see if it is still socially acceptable in person ....

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Went for a ride this morning in a 05 with a pulley swap, Borla and the cats removed but not headers. Louder than mine with the borla only but not stupid loud. The pulley is a 1 off custom.
The car dynoed at 529hp stock and the stock pulley showed making 11.4 boost (with the cats installed). The new pulley and no cats (less back presure) the car is making 14.6. The hp only increased to 595 but the tq gain was just over 100ft lbs. :eek . The new tune is less aggressive than the stock one Ford uses. (The tuner is a little gun shy to lean on the set up).
The tuner did remove the 205mph limiter and all tq limiters set in the computer by the factory.
Bottom line is the car halls ass but seemes controllable, however I wasn't driving nor were we going around any corners.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
You mean headers and Borla - right??
I suppose it NOT the straight pipes and no mufler (like the blue race car at SEMA)

SLF360 said:
piko06 has, finally ! Theyu say it is like a GT racecar...cant wait to see if it is still socially acceptable in person ....

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
one of 101 said:
I suppose it NOT the straight pipes and no mufler (like the blue race car at SEMA)
piko has the straight pipes.... No second guess on him, he seems like the terminator....and, has no technical failure as he inflates the block to spaceship specs :wink ...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
FOOKIN 'ELL MATE... That will make the local sherif happy

SLF360 said:
piko has the straight pipes.... No second guess on him, he seems like the terminator....and, has no technical failure as he inflates the block to spaceship specs :wink ...

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
StevA, Saw your car parked down at Crystal Cove on Saturday morning. We arrived at 7:30 and it was already packed! What time in the morning does one have to arrive by?

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
one of 101 said:

No. He has made a 1off sleave that leaves the stock manifold on but is a "bolt on" striaght pipe replacement for the cats. This way it is a easy step when getting ready for the smog man. Bolt up cats, swap out small pulley and reprogram all in 4 to 6 hours.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
biffom said:
StevA, Saw your car parked down at Crystal Cove on Saturday morning. We arrived at 7:30 and it was already packed! What time in the morning does one have to arrive by?

I got there at about 6:45 and was too late as well. They ran a little artical in the OC Reg. last week and the turn out was twice normal.
Sorry I missed you what did you think?