Anyone owned a Nissan GT-R?

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Japanese quake and tsunami

I understand the entire Japanese auto industry is shut down at present. I'm quite sure building supercars is the least of their worries at present.

God help those guys!

Jess

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
Next to a BMW M3..the GT-R is HHGT's Dream Car!
:lol

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Hmm....., where would someone find a 2012 GTR, especially in the new color blue they offer....?

http://www.eliteautosllc.com/vehicles.php/mode/view/id/379

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Looks like a beautiful car....but why the white seats?!?!?!?!?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks like a beautiful car....but why the white seats?!?!?!?!?

They are light grey. A very popular and hard to find option on the GTRs....

tiger 6

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 5, 2006
virginia
Shelby,
Is the GT-R a Demo or owned by someone before coming to you? A new '12 GT-R Premium should have ~ 24 miles and a sticker around $91k with mats and back up camera.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Cost of having one now instead of later? Do Nissan dealers honor MSRP like all the Ford dealers did on the GT?

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Cost of having one now instead of later? Do Nissan dealers honor MSRP like all the Ford dealers did on the GT?
Yo DO know what the "S" in "MSRP" stands for.................."Suggested"

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

Is that statement a joke??? Most Ford dealers were asking $250k+ when the GT came out. Thats near $100k OVER msrp.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Is that statement a joke??? Most Ford dealers were asking $250k+ when the GT came out. Thats near $100k OVER msrp.

Yes, I was trying to be sarcastic.

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
I was at the TX2K11 dyno day at Hennessey's shop today, a GT-R pulled 1,056 at the wheels!

The GT pulled 602 with a pulley/tune, right in the middle of what I was expecting.

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
A GT-R has already broken in to the 8s!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

I the disaster in Japan impacting the production of GTRs, thus raising the street price?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I the disaster in Japan impacting the production of GTRs, thus raising the street price?
It will have an effect on them, yes....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It will have an effect on them, yes....

already has done that - for a number manufacturers of components are located in the EQ/Tsunanmi/Melt Down zone.

Supply Chain mamagement folks are in Crisis Mode.

Dealers in U.S. have stopped or reduced offering incentives on in stock vehicles. Once they sell off their inventory it's going to be a while before new production arrives on this side of the big pond. Paricularly becoming much more expensive are the high mpg cars with gasoline in the $4 range everywhere in the U.S.

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Dealer called today - expecting my GT-R in "next week" per Nissan...YAHOO!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Congrats

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
They are light grey. A very popular and hard to find option on the GTRs....

I agree and love that combo!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Well, I've had her for a week now, and man she's a good car. The polar opposite of the GT in many ways. Lots of electronic nonsense, but still very much a driver's car when asked to be. My biggest complaint is that she beeps like a freakin garbage truck when in reverse. Biggest plus is the new "R-Mode Start" - she takes off like the proverbial striped-ass ape. In R-mode it's also easy to get the rear end to step out when needed, but a very well planted car she is. When you get tired of thrashing her, or encounter a lot of traffic, but it back in automatic and she's a pussycat.

LOVING HER!!!

Jess

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
When is my ride??