Anyone owned a Nissan GT-R?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I would imagine this is about as potent a GTR as there is...

I would think so watching how it blew by a TT FGT.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
If is still has an additional 300 lbs over the FGT as a stock vs. Stock would, I would guess it had at least 2-250 more HP the way it passed the 850HP FGT :eek

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I had mine tuned on the dyno ( a new 2012) .We got 620hp and 490lbs of torque.The screams ! In fact every time I take her out she begs me to beat on her!
She loves it when I do her in the turns! Its really a wonderful car .A real track star! Did I tell you guys I brought mine to the rally this year ? Only kidding !

scarey

Aug 16, 2011
Rocketman

What year was your old GTR? I have the 2010 with midpipe and cobb tune. I am still real happy with it but was curious about the subtle changes such as low speed rattling in the tranny and you mentioned interior? I use mine for my daily winter driver and was starting to snoop around the 2012s

cheers

Shon

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
My previous Gtr was a 2010.The 2012 is a different car .Much improved in many ways .A real joy to own.I just took mine to the drag way .I did a 10.9 at 122mph.Then they kicked me out! Evidently you need a roll bar or cage to go faster than a 11.5.
A wonderful car.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
GT-Rs have lots of presence.

I saw on in NYC in white at night parked on my block.

Its massive; and looks mean. Rear vette/ferrari lights are very cool.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My previous Gtr was a 2010.The 2012 is a different car .Much improved in many ways .A real joy to own.I just took mine to the drag way .I did a 10.9 at 122mph.Then they kicked me out! Evidently you need a roll bar or cage to go faster than a 11.5.
A wonderful car.

Wow. Your trap speed of only 122mph shows how quickly the GTR gets off the line and up to speed with its massive grip. I have not run a 2012 GTR yet with my GT500 but it should be a close race as long as the GTR is umodified.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I had mine tuned on the dyno ( a new 2012) .We got 620hp and 490lbs of torque.The screams ! In fact every time I take her out she begs me to beat on her!
She loves it when I do her in the turns! Its really a wonderful car .A real track star! Did I tell you guys I brought mine to the rally this year ? Only kidding !

620 rwHP is a boat load in the GTR. Didn't realize it was so high. What did it dyno before the tune?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
620 rwHP is a boat load in the GTR. Didn't realize it was so high. What did it dyno before the tune?
It was about 558.I could have opted for more boost ,but I wanted to be on the safe side .

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
roket, did those numbers include some mods, or just a tune?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just a safe tune.
If you want sick HP.Talk to Ray!!
roket, did those numbers include some mods, or just a tune?

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
I'm still hesitating only a matter of time. I thought taking a 2010 and put massive mods to it. Other guys are telling not to as the gearbox wont hold it. I read a thread about a guy who used his launch control too often znd nissan would't replace under warranty. New tranny costs 20k usd. The safest would be a 2012 with slight mods to 670 i guess

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
yes a 2012 is the way to go.Its a far superior car.Runs cooler and Handles better

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Is it any better looking?

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Is it any better looking?

Ed

I doubt it, but now it is faster and better handling. Luckly you don't see much of the exterior when you are driving. :lol

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I actually kind of like the looks in a weird way. Maybe it's growing on me. It's no GT or Ferrari, but does have a presence.

H

HHGT

I doubt it, but now it is faster and better handling. Luckly you don't see much of the exterior when you are driving. :lol
:agree:

There is a ton of them around where I live. There is also a ton of BMWs & Apple products. I need a shrink!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
:agree:

There is a ton of them around where I live. There is also a ton of BMWs & Apple products. I need a shrink!!!

Maybe you should move. :lol