Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Infantryman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2011
Ohio
That's a great video. Also a good answer to the previous comment about ride comfort. I would agree that the pre-2012 GT-R ride can be a bit harsh, though personally I only find it uncomfortably so on roads that are absolutely abysmal with potholes and uneven pavement cracks. In the normal case, I don't have any complaints when driving it around. Then again I like a stiff ride in a sports car. However, this video reminded me of the key changes that Chevy made in the Corvette between the Z06 and the ZR1, with the latter offering both more performance *and* a much more comfortable ride. Sounds like Nissan's done this as well.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Went to a track event last weekend in my 370-Z. There was a ZR-1, GTR,911 GT3s and Turbos,a F-458 Italia and a Superleggera Lambo there.

The GTR could keep up with the big boys (they blew by me) but I noticed that the front drilled disc rotors on the GTR were starting to crack....??

I've been told a brake job on the GTR can run 15k.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
No a brake job is not 15k.
If you track the car you need to put on the jhook brembro slotted racing rotors with track pads and fluid.Than you will have no problem!
I would have passed them all !!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No a brake job is not 15k.
If you track the car you need to put on the jhook brembro slotted racing rotors with track pads and fluid.Than you will have no problem!
I would have passed them all !!!

You would have done it even with the 370-Z!

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Sorry, I got it wrong...it's $7500 after 22,000 miles...must have had bad information, it's much cheaper than I thought.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139515201

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Sorry, I got it wrong...it's $7500 after 22,000 miles...must have had bad information, it's much cheaper than I thought.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?p=139515201

wow, that thread confirms the bargain we get with the GT :eek

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I got an update on my GT-Rs arrival: Week of 3/18/11, but Mossy Nissan here in Houston says that's +/- 10 days. Anyway, she's on her way!

Jess

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I got the black edition .I got a build date of April and a delivery date of June. Going to a long wait for me !Lucky I have a Ford gt to hold me over!!!!
Did you get a Premium or a Black Edition?

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Jess,

I've been thinking about getting a 2012 myself....i'd love to join you when you pick it up....keep me posted!

Sanjay

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
I got the black edition .I got a build date of April and a delivery date of June. Going to a long wait for me !Lucky I have a Ford gt to hold me over!!!!
Did you get a Premium or a Black Edition?

Black Edition for me

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Jess,

I've been thinking about getting a 2012 myself....i'd love to join you when you pick it up....keep me posted!

Sanjay

Will Do Sanjay! Fritz at Mossy Nissan says to count on 3/18, +/- 10 days.

BTW: My son and I saw your car at Classy Chassis this last year, but we never could find you.

Jess

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
my 2012 should be in any day now, they are starting to hit the dealers in central florida....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
let me know when the GTR comes in!.Can't wait to hear about it!

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
Premium Edition - Not Black Edition!

let me know when the GTR comes in!.Can't wait to hear about it!

So my salesman screwed up, and I've got a choice: Pick up the Super Silver 2012 GT-R scheduled to hit the dealership 3/18, or wait till about July for the Black Edition. I think I'm going to just get the premium edition since the only changes are different wheels and the Recaros. The old PE seats were fine, and I hear the new ones are improved. I like the looks of the PE wheels more anyway, even if they are a little heavier.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
So my salesman screwed up,

I hope you get some concessions for this?

ObeyMyFast!

GT Owner's son
May 5, 2009
San Diego
I just saw my first 2012 GT-R today! It was in that new blue color, and it looked GREAT!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
We won’t see them in the Northeast till April or May

FikseGTS

GT Owner
Apr 15, 2007
South Florida
where does this info come from? someone just took delivery in Michigan....

We won’t see them in the Northeast till April or May

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I am going on info from the dealer.