You guys are SO lucky...

agentf1

Oct 21, 2005
I love the new GT. I think it blows away both the new Z06 and Viper in looks and I heard my first one last week at the Smithville Corvette Show and even thought it sounded better than the new Z06. How many of these cars do you think will be made? Do you think the used ones will ever become reasonable for the average guy (50 to 75g)? I just hope more people drive them since they do not fit on the mantle anyway. :thumbsup

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I've heard they will produce between 3400 and 4300 GT's. I've also heard they will stop production around September of 2006 due to new side impact airbag laws that will make it impossible for the GT to pass. I don't think they will get that low in price though.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
so lucky

We are making auto history . ive been documenting my red with stripes and my best friends black with stripes. whos up to getting us all together when production stops to put a book or 2 about our cars , build habits ect, kinda like my 66 STING RAY. they have books on everything . In the long run it will only help our cars for posterity and collectability. enjoy gtjoey :thumbsup

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
hi agent
that was my red gt at the smithville corvette show
being a member of that corvette club, i was invited to bring in my gt
as soon as it came in, everyone left the new zo6 and hung out around the gt
the dealership with the zo6 got mad and pulled all his 06 vettes out early (ooh well !)
as far as the price, with the prospect that only 3000 give or take will be made, i doubt the prices will come down
as for me, they will have to take me out of mine on a stretcher before i let mine go.

sam

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
All music to my ears! Great story Sam....