XM in GT

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
What methods are people using for XM Radio in the GT (or Sirius)? The AUX port makes for easy input. Powering is less direct. I am assuming that the radio does not provide for onscreen display of XM information (some head units do so without advertising the feature but most often this is on NAV capable heads).

In either case, (PM if more appropriate) I would appreciate knowing the alternatives that people have used.

- doc

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Myfi or roady or the new 50 hr portable. The antenna can be thrown up on the dash and it will work. This makes it removable to other cars. My myfi holds 5hrs of programming in case the signal craps out, or you want to listen to 202, O&A while skipping commercials.

gwbartlett

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 22, 2006
Indiana
I bought a Sirius Starmate at Radio Shack, a very small unit. I used velcro to attach the head unit to the console in front of the radio. Also used velcro for the antenna on the dash and tucked the lead between the dash and the windshield seal. I wired the power lead into the fuse box and used RCA connectors for the aux port on the Mac. The Sirius display doesn't read through the radio but the display on the Starmate head unit is readable. It works great which is good as the am radio does not.
-GW

Last edited: