WTB--- Needle in a haystack?

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Well, I've continued to watch and search for the perfect GT for me... not having much luck so (except for the one I let slip through my fingers about 6 months ago :confused ) I thought I'd post a wtb over here and see what turns up.

Anyway, here's what I'm looking for...

05 or 06 GT with standard wheels, preferably red, maybe tungsten, with or without stripes... and no radio upgrade.

Since virtually every GT I've seen seems to be fully optioned, I might not have a choice, and will take that into consideration.

Oh yea, it's got to be priced within reason... see what I think is reasonable at:

http://fordgtprices.com/pages/9/index.htm

I'm in East Texas, so somewhere in the Southern region of our wonderful country would be nice too...

Am I asking too much? Probably so... but tell me what you've got and how much you're asking. I'm a cash buyer and can be reached at:

mardyn@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
mardyn

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Radio delete = impossible on a floored car. I've looked through soooo many ads on autotrader etc. and never saw one.

You'll need to find someone with an allocation that hasn't been punched yet.

Good luck, and it's worth not having that ridiculous upgrade.

Lgaruti

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Seminole, Fl
Keep looking, they are out there. Had simular thoughts as yours... found mine 3 weeks ago - Red, no stripes, std. wheels, calipers and upgrade radio. Price was below MSRP. I hunted one for 9 months. Keep checking the Ebay site and Autotrader.com. When you find the one you want stay on the dealer even if they seem uninterested. Many of them will start to talk when the GT comes off floor plan.

Good hunting!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, at my now somewhat "advanced age" of 51... I just don't listen to much music radio any longer. But I still do listen to a lot of talk radio... as I surmise many of my GT friendly peers do. The lunacy of paying $4K for a very marginal radio upgrade is beyond me... wth is Ford thinking?

That alone won't stop me from buying the car of my dreams, but it combined with so many other factors might just slow down the process a bit.

Yea, I'll bite on one with the radio if I have no other choice, I'm not crazy about the wheel upgrade either, plus I really want red with black stripes so I can do that myself if neccessary.. painted calipers are nice too, but not sure if it's worth an additional $750.00... but it seems as though most cars have those options already included.. so that may be what I end up with in the long run.

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

mardyn

Last edited:

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Yea, I'm hip on the stripe combo from the OEM.. but my other two cars are both red with black stripes... I've kinda' got this red/black thing goin' on over here on my toy collection and just thought I'd continue it with the next addition.

No luck so far on the search. I'm hoping to hear from a dealer somewhere that's got one close to what I'm lookin' for.

mardyn

Last edited:

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
I was looking for a similar car last year. It's getting late to spec a car but here are some thoughts:

1. Call each and every Ford dealer you can. It's time consuming and exhausting but there are still about 1000 or so American cars to be produced. Although all are spoken for, some of the orders can still be modded. It's an arduous task :ack but if you really want something . . .

2. If you can bite the bullet and pay a $10K premium, contact Nelson Artigas of Nelson Exotics LLC. He's on the Net, Ebay, Dupont Reg., etc. and I believe he may still have be able to get you the exact car you want. He's very reputable and knowledgeable. If you are interested and can't find his info, I'll get it to you.

2. If an '05 (especially a post #800 car or so) is OK and I don't know why it wouldn't be, there are not so many changes and still lots of red cars out there. Yes, there all optioned out but the standard wheels are relatively cheap and you might even get them thrown into a deal. No stripes and no Mac will be tougher. A forum member, Jay aka analogdesigner, is working on a fix for dressing up the subwoofer removal. You'd still have to pay the Mac upcharge (or maybe even negotiate that away) but wouldn't necessarily have to live with the sub. You can find his information on another thread here. And for my $.02, I really like the red calipers on the red cars, they just seem to fit, unlike some of the other color combos.

3. If you want the tungsten '06, you may have to spend a little more than for a red '05 but probably not a helluva lot more and you might have more luck in getting it closer to your specs.

Good luck in your search, make it fun. Getting stuff like this should be as much fun as having it! :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I was trying to get dealers to spec me a car too. It was very hard to find a dealer (called more than 30) that either had a car to order, or an order they could change. I only found 2 dealers. Both of them wanted at least 5K to 10K more than MSRP to order a car to spec. Dealers with cars in hand were much more flexible on the pricing. I ended up pulling the trigger on a loaded late 05 car that I will remove the sub from and maybe repaint the brake calipers. They are red on a blue car

Good luck on the search.

BlackICE

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
centerpunch said:

Nice find.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Is the tungsten, no mac, no stripes car the same one that AMB bought???

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Thanks guys... keep 'em comin'...

mardyn

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Kjd

If that GT is from Gosch Ford in Hemet,Ca; that is the one I BOUGHT last Sunday for $157,595.00.

AMB

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
AMB said:
If that GT is from Gosch Ford in Hemet,Ca; that is the one I BOUGHT last Sunday for $157,595.00.

AMB

That's the one, didn't think there could be too many out there at the same time like yours! I'll bet it looked nice sitting on that big red rug in the showroom! :thumbsup

carless

Jan 28, 2006

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
centerpunch

What is the status of your GT ??? When are going to receive it ??

AMB

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
centerpunch

When I checked the status of my GT that I bought last Sunday, it showed ONLY as: Gate Release Date of 2/9/2006 ???

AMB