WTB - Ford SVT Lightning F150 truck

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
HAVE BOUGHT TRUCK - SO NOT LOOKING ANYMORE

I would like to buy a 1999-2004 Ford Lightning F150 pick up.

Must be unmolested original (wheels & pulley ok - but no race truck modification) in excellent condition - absolutely no rust/damage - and I only want a RED truck.
If you have one, or know the lead to one, please let me know.

Thanks

:cheers
Anders

redlightning.jpg

Last edited:

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Hi, I work at a Ford dealer in Michigan. We are dealing with a guy who has a one owner, white 1999 with 2,800 miles, all original.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
I would like to buy a 1999-2004 Ford Lightning F150 pick up.

Must be unmolested original (wheels & pulley ok - but no race truck modification) in excellent condition - absolutely no rust/damage - and I only want a RED truck.
If you have one, or know the lead to one, please let me know.

Thanks

Anders

View attachment 31449

Hi, I work at a Ford dealer in Michigan. We are dealing with a guy who has a one owner, white 1999 with 2,800 miles, all original.

Pretty clear, he wants RED only

samjoehanson

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2013
Hey...I might be interested in the white truck.
Thanks.
Paul

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
Try to find an 03/04 truck....there were a lot of minor improvements made to those years. The prior year 2v heads only had 4 threads for the spark plugs and they were prone to blowing the plugs out of the heads and damaging the threads, 03/04 got 8 thread heads, as well some updates to the 4R100 transmission.

Other than that, good luck.

MRL

Feb 22, 2013
There actually is a mint looking 27,xxx mile red 2003 Lightning for sale in my neck of the woods....
http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-2003-ford-lightning-W0QQAdIdZ517799773

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yup, he said red only, just sayin. Copenhagen GT did pm me and white is his second choice he would consider. Happens all the time, people switch. Samjoehanson, pm me your contact info and I'll give you the info, if Copenhagen GT passes, ok? Keith

SFGT

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2012
Try to find an 03/04 truck....there were a lot of minor improvements made to those years. The prior year 2v heads only had 4 threads for the spark plugs and they were prone to blowing the plugs out of the heads and damaging the threads, 03/04 got 8 thread heads, as well some updates to the 4R100 transmission.

Other than that, good luck.

I agree with the idea of getting a 03/04, I had a problem with the spark plugs blowing out as well as transmission issues. Good luck with your search

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks guys.

I already got a good offer on a 2002, only 20K mile original at a reasonable price. Forum member from AZ went to check it out last night and it is mint so will probably go for that.

Anders

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Pretty soon, we'll have to call Anders' garage: "Ford of Europe"

Congratulations, Anders - :thumbsup

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Pretty soon, we'll have to call Anders' garage: "Ford of Europe"

Congratulations, Anders - :thumbsup

I think that name is already taken :wink:lol ..... actually trimming the collection - trying to get down to only owning cars that I actually drive ....

With the Boss302 replacing the Parnelli Jones shortly, the Lightning will replace the Ram Sport truck I have been driving as my daily car for the past 1½ year or so .....

Just trying to burn as much fuel as possible before we run out :biggrin:facepalm:

Anders

IMG_3250.jpg

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
This forum just has the greatest and most helpful members :thumbsup

From the time I found the perfect car for me it only took a few hours to locate a Forum member i the neighborhood who was extremely helpful in inspecting the vehicle. After a "thumbs up" inspection, he offered to help handle the transaction, pick up the car, get it to the Ford dealer for service and also driving the car to the shipping Company in LA ......how awesome is this!!

And talk about crazy coincidence ...... the Lightning is now in the same garage as where I picked up my 2012 Boss on august 29th before the Rally. Thank you John G :thumbsup:biggrin:cheers

Now I only worry that John will like the car so much that he won´t let it leave :rofl Perfect companion to his beautiful no stripe FGT :thumbsup

usa01.jpg

Anders

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Congrats! That's what good karma will do for you. :)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lightning fast delivery to LA .... NexT week - hopefully - the B2 and the truck will head my way :thumbsup

LA01.jpg