WTB Ford Racing Cat Delete pipes, new or used

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
If anyone has a set of these in good shape, new or used, I would be interested in them vs buying the same ones with the Borla logo on them now being sold.

Thanks,

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks like old marketplace threads are cleaned up but Muscle Motors Performance Inc, a supporting Vendor was making a new production run with Borla last spring or so. My guess is they still have them new.

Anders in Europe was selling a set for a long time but having to ship it back was $$$

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Thanks, sent Muscle Motors a message to see if they had any.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
sent Muscle Motors a message to see if they had any.

You might need to call on Monday.

I bought mine there, Had them polished and ceramic coated and installed by Shadowman, Though I don't believe they are the hardest headers to install.

Love them.

100_0881.jpg

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes, still have mine. But probably cheaper getting them from a vendor in US if they are available.

Anders

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I have them also from Muscle. Love them and they sound sweet. If you want to be quiet you can, but if you let the pedal fall it is really loud!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Oh yea, Muscle motors was full of crap about there delivery time for my pipes and did not seem to care.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Oh yea, Muscle motors was full of crap about there delivery time for my pipes and did not seem to care.

Um, same with me, but they finally arrive and at a decent price.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Now that's funny!

In my neck of the woods we would call it a Macy's vs Gimbe'ls thing!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Quick follow-up. Got the Ford Racing mufflers on Friday from Muscle Motors. In perfect shape I decided to install them this weekend.

Just for future reference, it is possible to R&R the exhaust and cat sections without removal of the clamshell and rear facia. I did have to remove the passenger side axle flange bolts to get the cat section out and back in but found out I needed to do that anyway to fix a leak at the splines in the flange.

Can someone 'in the know' tell me what the torque specs for the axel flange bolts are? I know its a two step process but I found 2 different values in the service manual and yet a third when searching the forum. I did 25 and 44 ftlbs but can redo the torque if needed without much diffeculty. They were nowhere near that tight on removal.

Sound is not that much louder than the cats. Just slightly different note. Almost the same at idle.