WTB: Carbon Fiber Side Scoop

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Maybe build up a waiting list and when you reach the magic # of buyers, make a run.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
I email techno this am asking if they will sell the tooling they have. I have a few c.f items. c.f Center counsel (think i have 5 produced right now but need to be finished) door trim rings (have two sets left right now) center counsel storage compartment (don't have lids done yet), wiper delete pieces, carbon clambshell and carbon front hood. The molds techno have are easy to remake if they wont sell them. Would take a little interest to do those pieces tho but are doable.

Reactions: DakotaGT

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Talked to one of the partners of tecno last night as I got his contact info through one of my carbon suppliers..
They are gonna want ludicrous money for the tooling. It would never repay its self back. The only option imo would be to build new tooling at this point.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Sad, Techno not cooperative, especially when they are closed for business. Thanks for checking.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Sad, Techno not cooperative, especially when they are closed for business. Thanks for checking.

The main owner of the company has lost all interest as he owns a bunch of business's..

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Talked to one of the partners of tecno last night as I got his contact info through one of my carbon suppliers..
They are gonna want ludicrous money for the tooling. It would never repay its self back. The only option imo would be to build new tooling at this point.

Did you buy the other tooling from Kip? Maybe he would sell or license his remaining tooling?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Did you buy the other tooling from Kip? Maybe he would sell or license his remaining tooling?

I did not, I made my own tooling. Mark H from M2k bought a couple molds from him.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I did not, I made my own tooling. Mark H from M2k bought a couple molds from him.

My mistake, thanks for the clarification.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Thought would bump this up again, in case anyone has a set that are gathering dust....