Wtb 4.0 whipple

MIKE SUTHERD

Mar 3, 2023
Layton UT
Looking for a 4.0 whipple new or used I know it’s discontinued could possibly settle for a 4.5L

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Have you tried contacting Whipple? Long story short I won a Whipple give away contest from Lethal Performance last year for a 4.0l. I've been in contact with Mike, Whipple's production manager, trying to get him to actually produce a new kit with their new gen5 3.8l head unit. maybe if we can bug him together we might have a better chance of getting it on the schedule. If you're interested DM and I can share more detail.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you can get it, I'd go with the newer generation 3.8 unit.

Reactions: Red-Rocket

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
If you can get it, I'd go with the newer generation 3.8 unit.
If you know of anyone else interested, the more the better leverage we would have......

MIKE SUTHERD

Mar 3, 2023
Layton UT
I have called whipple with no luck on a supercharger for my GT even the 4.5L is discontinued and id settle for that.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Jaxgt has one in black for sale here. He just posted a few days ago. Don't know what size.

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
I have called whipple with no luck on a supercharger for my GT even the 4.5L is discontinued and id settle for that.
Ya, they aren't making those head units anymore but their new 3.8l is more efficient than 4.0l or the 4.5l, and it's what they are currently using. Would you be interested?

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Jaxgt has one in black for sale here. He just posted a few days ago. Don't know what size.
Ya, it's a 3.3l.

MIKE SUTHERD

Mar 3, 2023
Layton UT
Ya, they aren't making those head units anymore but their new 3.8l is more efficient than 4.0l or the 4.5l, and it's what they are currently using. Would you be interested?
I just locked in a deal with jaxgt on his 3.3 Whipple. Are they making this 3.8 or you're campaigning for them to produce it ?

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
I just locked in a deal with jaxgt on his 3.3 Whipple. Are they making this 3.8 or you're campaigning for them to produce it ?
Campaigning.....

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
What is the difference between the old 3.8L and new?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Call Kevin at M2K Motorsports, I think he has one sitting on the shelf. 832-818-7842

Thanks,
Mark H.

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Call Kevin at M2K Motorsports, I think he has one sitting on the shelf. 832-818-7842

Thanks,
Mark H.
Thanks. Got a call into him.

fstrthanu

GT Owner
Jul 19, 2023
Detroit
Any luck with Whipple producing the 3.8?

Tom

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
Any luck with Whipple producing the 3.8?

Tom
No. I'm actually looking at purchasing a 3.8l for a 2014 GT500 and having a custom mid-plate cnc'ed to adapt it to the intercooler and then cnc a custom inlet adaptor. If anyone is interested let me know and i can possibly motive the shop with a few kits for the cnc'ed parts instead of just doing one.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
No. I'm actually looking at purchasing a 3.8l for a 2014 GT500 and having a custom mid-plate cnc'ed to adapt it to the intercooler and then cnc a custom inlet adaptor. If anyone is interested let me know and i can possibly motive the shop with a few kits for the cnc'ed parts instead of just doing one.
We tried for almost a year to convince whipple to do the 3.8L for the GT. And then looked at buying one and trying to make it work. In the end it just wasn’t worth the effort honestly. We did end up going with the 4.5L and had a custom CNC adapter plate for the new TB from the GEN V whipple and we converted the car to drive by wire. It has worked really well so far!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
We tried for almost a year to convince whipple to do the 3.8L for the GT. And then looked at buying one and trying to make it work. In the end it just wasn’t worth the effort honestly. We did end up going with the 4.5L and had a custom CNC adapter plate for the new TB from the GEN V whipple and we converted the car to drive by wire. It has worked really well so far!

the Gen V TB requires drive by wire?

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
the Gen V TB requires drive by wire?
I’m pretty sure all the Gen V units are all drive by wire throttle body setups.

We did a Motec M150 so converting to drive by wire was very beneficial for throttle control and traction control.

Reactions: PeteK and 2112

Red-Rocket

Oct 6, 2015
New Mexico
I was buys trying to get them to build a kit over the same time period, and it seems like several others were as well but they just didn't think it was worth the work. As far as i can tell whipple isn't making any of their 4.0l or 4.5l kits anymore either. I guess we'll see if I can convince anyone to take on the 3.8l project. Best i can tell developing an adaptor plate doesn't seem like it would be too difficult but obviously the rear intake and belt pulley seem more complicated. I would love to do a motec system too at some point.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
My blower kit is very very close! Hope to have the first batch of 4 blowers built with in next two months. Have two pre sold already and the billet stuff is being made now.

I’m using the TVS 2.65 rotor pack from the 2020 up GT500 and raptor R. Custom billet baseplate and rear inlet with ford gt logo or can be ordered with out a logo. Blower casing will be cast along with the snout.

We’ve seen this rotor pack make 925whp on a Ford GT based engine with stock GT cams. It’s also capable of about 1150-1200whp on an engine with cams, ported heads, some more compression and good octane fuel whether it be e85 or 110-116 octane.

These superchargers are super efficient and that’s why the oe’s used them. Less inlet temp heat, less stress on the crank and pulley due to smaller rotor pack.

Attachments

• IMG_1299.jpeg
    IMG_1299.jpeg
    311.5 KB · Views: 11