WTB: 05/06 Ford GT (MSRP or less)

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
I would prefer to buy one from an individual (no sales tax in my State).

Please don't waste my time with scams.

I am especially interested in a red GT with no stripes.

Doc
Atlanta

P/S I have studied the market (including ser #'s and Ebay sales), and I am a patient buyer.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
White Petunia said:
If you HURRY you can probably still find a dealer with an '06 allocation
I tried that. Since I no longer know anyone that has a management position at a Ford dealer, I have to deal with the 'salesman'.

I drove into one dealer in my F350 truck (via Home Depot). The salesman wanted to know how much I "owed" on my truck. I asked him how many customers trade in a one ton truck for a Ford GT? :frown He asked how much I wanted to "put down". I explained that he was supposed to wait until a customer was almost ready to buy before trying to "close the deal".

I called a few more local dealers. One offered me a white one for $25K over MSRP ("Sir, you just don't understand the market" :frown ). He also wanted a $10K down payment with no delivery guarantee.

I hope I didn't waste your time with this reply.
No, you didn't waste my time. Thanks for your help.

Good luck
Thanks. I'll find one; I don't care how long I have to wait.

jasper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 17, 2006
australia/ 51st state
jasper

here i am drooling down here, not allowed to bring one down under. love the stories +pics

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
Watch out for pop-ups on the link above.

GT2.jpg

GT3.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The top photo is the car from New Zealand that will be made into a race car there. There are previous posts about this. The bottom car (with the white post) was wrecked in Kansas City with ONLY 9 miles on it. If you look closely, you can still see the tags on the windshield. It's already been grabbed up at auction for more than $90K.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
centerpunch said:
Those are 2 different cars, 2 different wrecks.
Thanks, I hurriedly posted the two pictures of a black/no stripes car without looking at my notes. I'd be a little leery of the bad luck on those (what are the odds?).

Does anyone have the serial number of the KC car? (Yes, I am complying a data base).

Talk to the GM or dealership owner.
Please don't think I haven't tried. It seems those guys are so busy that they will not return phone calls.

I even tried to call a dealership where I've bought seven cars. No return call was made to me. If I ran my business this way, I would be out-of-business by now.

No, I would never get upset; I can always change brands. There is plenty of competition for a sports car: C6 Z06, Ferrari, Porsche, and BMW M. I can always buy a new truck from GM, GMC, or Dodge.

I'll wait until the end of the year.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Those no stripe cars are accident prone because of less weight. :banana :banana

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Doc, the cars are available in Atlanta. Check the GT's for sale section of this forum.

mkmcclr3

May 21, 2006
New 2005 Ford GT Red White Stripe at Dealership

I know a dealer here in VA that has a 2005 new Ford GT for sale Red with the White stripe. It has been sitting in the showroom for over a year now. The sticker on it is for about $177,000.00.

Doc

Huge ****ing Crybaby
May 15, 2006
Kirby Vieira said:
Doc, the cars are available in Atlanta. Check the GT's for sale section of this forum.

Kirby, I saw those cars listed. The person that is posting is from Atlanta, but the phone number of the broker* is out of Key West.

* I assume it is a broker since he has so many cars for sale.