Woooo Hooo!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Got my bolt kit from my buddies at the local Ford dealer out here in BFE.

While I'm sure I can figure it out on my own as I go, just wondering if anyone posted up instructions on changing out the transaxle drive cup bolts/washer here on the forum?

The instructions posted here for exhaust system removal and shifter install were of great help when I did those...

Thanks in advance.

mardyn

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
SOMEWHERE on the 1/2 shaft bolt thread that's outlined pretty well ...with pics as I remember. But WHERE it is exactly.......?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I think DBK closed the thread and you may have to go the archives. Instructions were posted.

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Go back to your Ford dealer and have the parts man print off the special instruction sheet for the Bolt Kit Recall. It is very complete and as I remember about 5 pages long.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I have a copy of the Ford instruction bulliten from when I did mine and can fax it or scan & send it.
Let me know

:cheers
Trent

ps make sure you clean the loctite out so the new bolts torque down properly.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9792

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
All, thanks for the ideas... I was hoping to locate some on the interweb somewhere. I have not really looked at length yet... probably will get started on the updates next week some time.

Trent, I may take you up on your offer if I can't find it on line. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks
mardyn