Wipers and the luggage compartment

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
On page 31 of the owners guide, it states “Note: The wipers will operate only in high speed mode if the luggage compartment hood is not fully closed”. Surely, this is a typo!

I have however, noticed that the driver’s side wiper has hit the luggage compartment hood (it has removed a little paint) it coincidently only does this when in high-speed mode. Weird thing is that it is comfortably clear at rest. I guess I either need to get it adjusted or open the trunk when in heavy rain….

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
biffom

I believe, this is correct!! It is to let you know that the luggage compartment is NOT closed !!!

AMB

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
biffom

I believe the manual is correct !! I believe it uses BOTH when the luggage compartment is OPEN, SO you "WILL KNOW" that it is the luggage compartment, vice the door etc, etc.

AMB

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
Correct! I misread it.

I’ve just come back from a short test. The wipers will only operate in high-speed mode when the trunk is open – all the other modes fail to work. The wipers do not come on unless you push the stalk all the way to high-speed mode when the luggage compartment is open.

Sorry about that,

Carl.