Wiper Problem

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
I wasn't driving in the rain boys but I decided to turn the wipers on and the only selection that actually started the motor was when I switched it to High speed.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Slam the trunk lid.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Try opening and closing the hood, making sure it's closed. I don't think this is your problem but it wouldn't hurt to try. An open hood could effect wiper operation.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Slam the trunk lid.

Great minds think alike

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Definitely the hood switch. If it doesn't see the hood as closed it only allows full speed wiper operation and doesn't park correctly, this is due to finger trap risk with the hood open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009
Thanks guys! Wow Actually the hood hasn't been in the locked position for a while as I need to adjust the locking link. I will do that today!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I wasn't driving in the rain boys but I decided to turn the wipers on and the only selection that actually started the motor was when I switched it to High speed.

any joy?

Scooter

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 15, 2009

Are you asking if I enjoy the car since I said I wasn't driving in the rain? I dont get a chance to drive it as much as I would like to thats for sure.

I adjusted the hood/ trunk and the wipers are working great thanks!

If the hood was not latched for a while would that also eventually set off the yellow service light?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, the length of time makes no difference just if it's unmatched.