Winter tires for GT

sevenjo

FORD GT OWNER - NORWAY
Sep 13, 2008
Hi,

my first post as I picked up my car last monday...: ) 06`red/white stripes.

Has anybody driven their GT on winter tires ?? I am looking for something to fit to the original 18/19 wheels.

Best regards

Jo

Oslo
Norway

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
I admit having a limited knowledge of snow/ice tires but my first thought would be to stud a set of the stock Goodyears. I'm sure you could find a bald set really cheep or even free to stud.

By the way, please post photos! I love winter scenes :thumbsup

Team Jeff

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2007
Almost forgot, welcome to the forum! Please give us some details about your GT...any mods, ect.

sevenjo

FORD GT OWNER - NORWAY
Sep 13, 2008
Thx,

I`m afraid I havent made any mods yet..... ordered the aluminium seat "holes" yesterday, so it will be my first mod.

My plans are to get the whipple ? charger, the recommended "safety" mods from the forum (axle bolts, transmission cooler etc) coilovers, michelin cup tires, stronger clutch. I would love to get hold of the wheels from the gtx-1 (but dont know from where)

Also love the heritage edition so I was thinking of having the car covered in "film" (also protecting the paint)

My car is the only one on plates in Norway and I have never experienced such feedback from people driving it..... I have had over 30 Porsches, a cobra, super sevens and a Ferrari F 40, but nothing compares to how positive people reacts to this car....

I am taking the car to the Nurburgring and SPA next week to attend a driving course, and I`m looking forward to experiencing it on bigger tracks than we have here in Norway...

cheers

Jo

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Welcome. Nice to have another Scandinavian make this site.

You are going to give a bunch of the regulars on this site a heart attack asking a question like that ..... :rofl:rofl:rofl

Have fun in Germany :cheers

Anders/Copenhagen

Last edited:

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would love to get hold of the wheels from the gtx-1 (but dont know from where)

Welcome the forum and congrats on your new gal! She is the Best:willy
PM sent on the wheels.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Also love the heritage edition so I was thinking of having the car covered in "film" (also protecting the paint)

Jo

Good idea ! Contact Uli Hamann from Hamann Motorsports, in Germany. They have a new foil, that you can't tell it's foil. Amazing.
They sell a lot in Dubai. The sheiks like to change the color of their cars more often than their socks !:biggrin

I saw his 430 many times here in Italy (we meet on weekends, boating in the same marina on lake Garda) that he put a flat black foil over, sinister ! I thought it was painted..

heya

Stefan (Uppsala born :biggrin)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
WELCOME TO THE FGT COMMUNITY.
I changed your tittle to FG Owner - Norway
Hope you enjoy this place and become a $upporter :)

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Hey Jo welcome to the site and enjoy.

Terry :thumbsup

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I can't even imagine driving the FGT in the winter. I had a hard enough time just pulling out of the Mandalay garage!