Wine Lovers

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Hi Gang

Bony and I have been discussing wine and wondering who else is certifiable nuts on wine.

I am on many winery mailing lsits and do not always use my full allocation. Wondering if others may be interested in taking excess or swapping for other wine that an indiviudal may not have access to. For example I had the opportunity to purchase a full case, direct from the winery, of Kongsgaard The Judge chardonnay. I just don't have the space to store case lots.

For example I receive wine from a variety of wineries including: Harlan (Bond, Maiden, & Harlan), Kongsgaard, Paul Hobbs, Kapscandy, Merus, Turley, Peter Michael, Vineyard 29, etc.

Is there interest?

Dave:cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Hi Dave

Would love to - sadly the shipping costs rules me out!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Hi Dave

Would love to - sadly the shipping costs rules me out!

Neil

It can expensive for us East Coasters depending on state regulations. For example New Jersey does not allow direct shipments from the winery. SO its goes through a 3rd party which increase shipping costs. Of course not as bad as shipping to ENgland.

Dave

H

HHGT

I am waiting to finish my supply of 1977 Boonfarm. I may be interested when the 10 cases are finished:willy:willy:willy:willy

In all seriousness, I did a job ( No Kendall, that is a not an invitation to slander me) a while back for Robert Mondavi Jr., Paul Ottelini and Bill Gates. Mr. Mondavi surprised me with a few cases of 1997/98 Unfiltered Merlot - Private Reserve. I am not a wine expert by any measure, but I have to tell you that was the best wine I've ever had. If you have a case or two of that, I'll take it. Good luck.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
This year we had some friends from Virginia spend a week with us in the South of France - a great wine buying opportunity..... or so we thought!

We found the chateau of one of their favourite wines and promptly bought a couple of cases to ship back to the US - a fraction of the price.

You can guess the rest - turned out after paying the various taxes and duties to be a fraction more expensive!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Baron, talk to IndyGT. He's getting me involved in some kind of scam cause I only touch Anheuser-Busch stuff. You should see his cellar. Ask for pictures.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Indy GT (Bill) is a big wine guy. Send him a PM

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
Baron, talk to IndyGT. He's getting me involved in some kind of scam cause I only touch Anheuser-Busch stuff. You should see his cellar. Ask for pictures.

Frank I thought you only drank Formaldehyde :banana:banana:cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yeah, yeah Todd, that's like me saying you only drink nitro. Too bad you're not here to go to Starved Rock in Ottawa.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just back from Vintner's Holiday at the spectacular AHWAHNEE HOTEL in Yosemite Valley.
Had some folks from Italy with me, and we had a great time and classical weather. Highly recommend this event.

Anybody attend the Napa or Sonoma auctions?.. wine that is...