Windscreen replacement - a suggestion.

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
My car is still in getting the windscreen replaced. It's been three weeks. The problem is that when they replaced the windscreen they didn’t replace the vertical rubber strips. In my case these were no longer lying flush to the glass, it looks like they were bent out when taking the windshield out. Asides from looking unsightly they definitely would not keep water out.

The latest is that these need to be manufactured.

If you need to get the windshield replaced it would be prudent to ensure that they also have new rubber strips in stock.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
:ack

Are you managing without your dose of GT?

biffom

GT Owner
Oct 9, 2005
Venice, CA
I just took the DB6 in and got the Z8 out - the DB was more than a handful in the rain! (I'm between places so the cars are kept in a local car storage facility so I generally only take one out at a time - hence the daily driving of the GT).

I don't know if its just me, but using a different gear box after the GT is just painful. I end up lusting after it. It's a true work of art - admittedly once it has warmed up - but I really like that little quirk as well.

...And then there is the power, handling and the sheer excitement generated by the mere act of approaching the car.

Definitely got a touch of the GT DTs!