Willow Springs?

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
Is any one here going to Willow Springs Open track with LA COCOA next weekend? Two days of unlimited fun. :biggrin :banana

Craig

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My wife won't let me have unlimited fun :frown

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
I've gone to the last 5 COCOA events at WSIR. Loads of fun, you won't regret it. Cars vary from Cobras (of course) to Mustangs ( GT350s mostly) to almost anything else. I have seen GT40s, NASCAR trucks, etc. All Ford powered.

This is not a track event in the sense that you are running for times. This is a fun event. That said, the race group gets around the track pretty fast. You need to be good to run the group.

Great instruction is available, in the classroom and on track. Usually Danny McKeever is there, owner and head instructor of Fast Lane driver school at WSIR. I always get some instruction from him when I have the chance. He will ride with you in your car and help you.

Sadly, I will miss this event because my Cobra is apart, but I will be back at the October event.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Great day at Willow....met Craig and spoke briefly to him about his two cars that are on opposite ends of the driving spectrum, his GT and his Shelby GT-350 race car. Lost of cars...one fellow had a brand new black GT (6 days). His first time at Willow and his brain was fried trying to take in a new track and his new GT. The Cobra owner's Club will be back in October....let's get some action next time around!