Will Trade BBS for Stock Wheels

FloridaGTOwner

GT Owner
Oct 22, 2005
I have the BBS lightweight wheels. I would like to have stock wheels. I am willing to do a straight trade if anyone wants the $3500 BBSs for $0 (you just pay shipping).

Give me a call if you are interested.

David Butler
386-795-4900

saber

GT Owner
Sep 25, 2005
NYC
great deal, remove your muffler and you can offset the weight increase :eek
I wonder if an aftermarket rim maker can create the stock rim look with lighter materials because it appears that many owners like the looks of the stock wheel better than the BBS regardless of the weight performance penalty.

Last edited:

FGT4me

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
saber said:
great deal, remove your muffler and you can offset the weight increase :eek
I wonder if an aftermarket rim maker can create the stock rim look with lighter materials because it appears that many owners like the looks of the stock wheel better than the BBS regardless of the weight performance penalty.

I am one of those.

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The base/stock wheel has nicer lips than the optional wheel. I can't believe that there aren't any decent aftermarket wheels that suit the car (no bling bling ghetto B.S.). Has anybody thought of using halibrand type 3 piece wheels on a gt?

Pipelion

How much is a set of stock wheels from Ford?

Allan

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Dealer cost for a set of standard wheels is about $1600 and retail is about $2400, which of course can often be negotiated for less. There is a previous thread somewhere providing prices, weights of both type wheels, and if I'm remembering correctly there was a forum member who at one time had a set of standard wheels for sale, considerably cheaper.

Pipelion

Thanks KJD,

Allan :biggrin