Will I be comfortable @ 5'8"

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Would appreciate response from someone my ht (5'8") or shorter as to acceptable comfort and acceptible visability (front and side)....I'm used to no rear visibility w/ Porsche Boxster I own so that's not a concern......Thanks in advance for replies.....Steve ( in negotiations on an "06" but, as you would expect dealer won't let the showroom car be driven....so I'm hoping someone responds !)

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
c_steve said:
Would appreciate response from someone my ht (5'8") or shorter as to acceptable comfort and acceptible visability (front and side)....I'm used to no rear visibility w/ Porsche Boxster I own so that's not a concern......Thanks in advance for replies.....Steve ( in negotiations on an "06" but, as you would expect dealer won't let the showroom car be driven....so I'm hoping someone responds !)
Don't buy one untill you've driven it. If your serious the dealer should allow you to drive it. I think you will like it but for the amount of money your talking it pays to do your home work.

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Ford GT001.....I agree that one " needs to do thier homework" but, in this case ( only dealer w/ a car in my area and with it in showroom ( blocked in) and where I am negotiating on a yet to be delivered car but, one w/ VIN assiged.....the dealer won"t let me take the homework out of school.....SOOOOOO i"m hoping someone my ht (5'8"0 will give me a personal assesment.... Thanks Steve

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
c_steve said:
....I'm used to no rear visibility w/ Porsche Boxster I own so that's not a concern......

HUH? I'm 5'9" and have no problems in the GT or have ever had any problems in the boxsters that I've owned. But make sure you drive the car before you spend ANY MONEY!

KERRY P

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2005
YORBA LINDA CALIFORNIA
I am 5'6" and have no problem with visibility. About the same visibility over the dash as my Mini Cooper. If you are use to sitting very low in a car such as the Porsche you will be fine.

ART T

GT Owner
Nov 21, 2005
Healdsburg, CA,
5'10" Good Advice is drive the car....at least sit in it....it can initially be claustraphobic.....I have gotten very used to it....you also are down real real low.....also remember this car cannot be a rational persons only vehicle.

Art

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
Whats funny is I had a Lamborghini "expert" tell me that he had a GT for three days and among other things "couldn't see over the wipers"!

Check here for that conversation: http://www.lamboforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3796#post3796

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
I'm 5'5" & i feel very comfortable. Easy to drive, visibility is no problem. Go find your GT you will love it.

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Thanks to all for replies...I did sit in showroom "05" and it seemed that seating was low and visability over dash less than I'm used to but I just came out of a long drve in an Accura RL w/ seat at highest position....went home and sat in Porsche Boxster that I drive w/ seat raised to max upper ht (seat ht is adjustable) and I guess it felt somewhat similar to the GT....then sat in my Superformance Cobra replica with hardop (that I drive a lot) and the GT felt much less claustrophobic. I know that the GT seat slides fore and aft but, don't remember if the seatback tilts or if the seat base rear can be raised or lowered...I will be returning to dealer sometime this week for another "sitting" in the car and negotiations so I will find out about seat adjustents but would appreciate any imput re seat adjustment from owners around my ht of 5'8"..............Thanks Steve (getting close to order)

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
seat move forward & backwards. Back tilts forward & rearward. SEat doe not raise up or down.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
You should have no problems- although around some corners I find myself leaning and raising myself as I go into the curb. For me (5'6") there are some visibility issues, but you get used to them rather quickly. Here's an idea stick around the site and see if one of us is in your area. If the dealer doesn't let you try the car , then maybe one of us will give you a fitting.
Get the car its fantastic!

Manny

c_steve

Jan 21, 2006
Thanks to all who responded...I took the Porsche out today on a 300 mile ride and put the seat to lowest position (usually drive w/ it raised up) and slouched....figured it would be a "worst case" approx of the GT and I was OK....I'm due to the dealer later this wk for final negotiations and color choice( leaning to the Tungsten / stripe) and when there I will adjust the seat ( didn't do last time)...Thanks again Steve