Mar 9, 2006
USA
Hey Bony, I never sold my GT. :biggrin :lol

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I buy and sell my cars all the time. The longest I have ever owned a car is 3 years. One reason is that most cars always have a new version. Well, the GT will not have one.
Usually, another manufacturer will come out with something that will blow your current car out of the water. Well, I do not see that happening here, especially with the Mod capability of the GT.
Another thing is that newer cars come out with more features. The GT came out with only the necessities, no fancy butt massagers, no radar cruise, no night vision (that one I wouldn't mind), etc.
There is nothing to update on this car (except more boost). It is purely a drivers car, and the only thing that can be improved is the driver! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
Hey Bony, I never sold my GT. :biggrin :lol

Tired of the furniture biz? Ready to invest with me in my new venture, which is sure to be a hit? You surely have heard about swimming with dolphins, how about : SWIMMING WITH STING RAYS ? PM about getting in on the ground floor of this sure to be slam dunk investment.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/steve-irwin14.html

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
bony said:
Tired of the furniture biz? Ready to invest with me in my new venture, which is sure to be a hit? You surely have heard about swimming with dolphins, how about : SWIMMING WITH STING RAYS ? PM about getting in on the ground floor of this sure to be slam dunk investment.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/steve-irwin14.html

I only invest in long shots. Sure things are not exciting enough for me. :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ROCMAN said:
I only invest in long shots. Sure things are not exciting enough for me. :lol

Well, I am a little older and like to minimize my risk and exposure, ok call, me dull :wink Here are some guys enjoy a little extreame sports...
http://www.filecabi.net/video/OwnedCollection1.html
I think Piccolo is in one of these frames :lol

AJK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
:thumbsup
ACRJoe said:
Because they're posers. Real car people which by and large frequent this forum, have absolutely no intention of ever selling their GT's. Posers need to move on to the next "keep up with the Jones car" whatever that might be.

There's some that have encountered misfortune and need to sell; my heart goes out to them for sure.

And finally as mentioned above, the spec people that are now standing their with little more than a firm grip on their johnson.

ACRJoe, I think you covered all the bases.

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Sorry, but I would sell my GT in a skinny minute without hesitation. Nice car, beyond meticulous condition, but...guitars, guns or cars...those which I own are always for sale. There is always some other purchase that intrigues me. A truly good and sincere/immediate offer, and my car...or Harley Davidson Stratocaster...is gone. Life's too short; it's my car, not my religion.

- doc

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
eshrink said:
Sorry, but I would sell my GT in a skinny minute without hesitation. Nice car, beyond meticulous condition, but...guitars, guns or cars...those which I own are always for sale. There is always some other purchase that intrigues me. A truly good and sincere/immediate offer, and my car...or Harley Davidson Stratocaster...is gone. Life's too short; it's my car, not my religion.

- doc
Couldn't agree more. I know that I will be selling this GT. I buy and sell cars all the time, and I am not a car poser. I get bored by stuff sooner or later. And whether GT owners like it or not, there will be cars that blow this car out of the water. Even if you dial up the boost, imagine a car two or three years from now with six or seven hundred HP THAT WEIGHS 2800 LBS. The technology that is coming is light weight, for phenomenal all-around performance. Because of technology, I know that I will eventually move on. As far as scarcity goes - cars that really appreciate were built in quantities of hundreds, not thousands.

I now fully expect to be flamed.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
SLF360 said:
INFORMATION TO THE PIT CREW (from GT cockpit):

:lol

SLF360 said:
It's not like just the latest Ferrari (those I get in and out of, for comparison), it's the ONE and not made anymore....

Enjoy the wait :thumbsup

I'm enjoying the wait, and all the money I'll be saving by waiting.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
everetto said:
Couldn't agree more. I know that I will be selling this GT. I buy and sell cars all the time, and I am not a car poser. I get bored by stuff sooner or later. And whether GT owners like it or not, there will be cars that blow this car out of the water. Even if you dial up the boost, imagine a car two or three years from now with six or seven hundred HP THAT WEIGHS 2800 LBS. The technology that is coming is light weight, for phenomenal all-around performance. Because of technology, I know that I will eventually move on. As far as scarcity goes - cars that really appreciate were built in quantities of hundreds, not thousands.

I now fully expect to be flamed.

No problem, each to their own. I look at my cars like my wine cellar, it is a collection that gives my great pleasure and joy. When I get bored with a wheeled toy I put it away, I have cars I haven't driven in months. I have cars in boxes that haven't turned a wheel in years, projects for the future. But,... who knows when the itch will strike and I want to bring one out to play or do a restoration. The wife calls them my static displays. She doesn't sell her jewelry, I don't sell my toys, thankfully I don't have to.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
50 BMG said:

Again, no problem, I hate waiting, I paid well over window because I wanted one of the first cars. Oh by the way, due to business and personal obligations the car sat for the first year and didn't even get 150 miles on the clock. But, I am not complaining, I owned one of the first GT's. Got what I wanted, my way. :wink

Big Carrot

GT Owner
May 13, 2006
Dallas
I'm one of those guys that just likes to flip in and out of cars. I have one for a while, and when I get bored with it I move on to something else. I've owned a 911tt, a Gallardo, and the GT this year. The GT is my favorite so far. I really like this car a lot, but I'm sure I'll get tired of it at some point!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
eshrink said:

- doc

GUESS THIS EXPLAINS WHY YOU HAVEN'T CONTRIBUTED TO THIS SITE YET.
:wink

boy has the architect been here or what...
my precious meter is gone :thumbsdow

Last edited:

eshrink

GT Owner
May 21, 2006
Bony:

It would be a slippery slope for me to value objects more than people.

If I had not truly loved the car, I would never have bought it. But I also like changing cars, owning multiple cars and never place objects very high on life's priority lists.

People assess life differently. My priorities begin with family, God, country, and then career. Somewhere further on...after friends and other committments come my hobbies.

I helped a neighbor acquire his first GT last week. He is a very happy camper. Gorgeous car.

But the great thing about this country is that we are each allowed to have our own priorities and committments and to freely change among them.

I doubt that my ramblings are much of a committment to the dialogue here, but I like to believe that some find interest and enjoyment in them.

- doc

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I used to flip cars. Now I just add garage space, hangers and lifts. :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
eshrink said:
...My priorities begin with family, God, country, and then career. Somewhere further on...after friends and other committments come my hobbies. ...
- doc

I would wager big $$$ that your priorities are no different than anyone else on this site.

I don't flip my country, family, friends nor my favorite cars. I still own my very first car, a 1973 Mustang Mach 1.

To each his own, that is indeed what is great about this country! :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
50 BMG said:

I'm enjoying all the miles I PUT ON, WHILE YOU ARE WAITING !!!!!!!!!!!\\\

PRICELESS... :lol :lol :lol

SEE YOU IN 2010 !

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
eshrink said:
Bony:

It would be a slippery slope for me to value objects more than people.

If I had not truly loved the car, I would never have bought it. But I also like changing cars, owning multiple cars and never place objects very high on life's priority lists.

People assess life differently. My priorities begin with .....

- doc
I THINK YOU NEED A DOC TO HELP YOU ACCEPT WHAT YOU REALLY WANT IN LIFE... Dr Bony, is just right !!!!!!!!!

wonkawonka

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Lebanon
A car is a car.
It's funny how people think I'm crazy by letting others drive the GT. If you are so attached to a machine, I think you have a problem.
That said, I don't think I'll be selling the GT any time soon. I love this car, its driveability, its looks, its history.
That machine is staying with me for a very long time, maybe forever.