Who uses Stabil gas preservative?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I know the Ford letter recommends it for 30+ days storage.

I have used it on other classics with no problem; but just hate putting anything "caustic or acidic" :ack in this baby.

Is there a Motorcraft product?

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I have been using Stabil for years on Boats,ATV's and Cars including very expensive Hemi cars. I don't use it unless the car is going to sit for months with no fresh gas. If your driving your GT regularly you probably won't need it.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Kayvan said:
I know the Ford letter recommends it for 30+ days storage.

I have used it on other classics with no problem; but just hate putting anything "caustic or acidic" :ack in this baby.

Is there a Motorcraft product?

Like FORDGT001 above, I have used it in various toys over the years as well. It is not a Motorcraft product. You can find it at any auto parts store. As previously stated, you only need it for extended storage.

427Z06

Sep 6, 2006
I use it in my C6 Z06 when im gone for 4 months at a time. It works great.

StuM

GT Owner
Dec 10, 2005
SoCal
Stabil

Have used it on boats, mowers, jet skies, cars, etc. Seems to work very well and has caused no problems. On the watercraft (some with BB engines) the fuel seems to remain fine for a year or more. I wouldn't let the cars sit that long, but it's good to know the stuff seems to work so well.
Good luck.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
StuM said:
Have used it on boats, mowers, jet skies, cars, etc. Seems to work very well and has caused no problems. On the watercraft (some with BB engines) the fuel seems to remain fine for a year or more. I wouldn't let the cars sit that long, but it's good to know the stuff seems to work so well.
Good luck.

have been using it for years... no problems.... always use it when I know something will be sitting. Mrs. Bony calls my cars 'his static display',,,, :bs

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
Stabil

Another satisfied Stabil user here. Used it for years in bikes, cars, mowers, lawn equipment and have seen no ill effects.

TIP: If you have a vehicle that has been sitting up for a long, long time try some Marvel Mystery oil in the gas (Bardhal and 2 stroke oil works too) for the 1st thankful of gas. It helps free up the rings and gets things sealed again. Just had the experience in my 1963 E-Type Jag. It had sat up for several years and we decided to take it on a vintage rally. 4 days, 1,100 miles at a very fast pace through the NC mountains. Used lots of oil for the 1st day - and after a dose of "mystery oil" sealed itself to use only 1/2 quart in the last 600 miles. BTW - 92,000 miles on an all original motor that has never been opened.

Gordo