Who is Bill Flynn?

LadyGT

Dec 5, 2008
I am a new member looking for some help in finding the connection between a Bill Flynn and Ford GT. The reason for asking is that I purchased a Ford GT 1:18 die cast car from my local Ford dealer with his signature. I was hoping that it would be Bill Flynn aka The Yankee Peddler but the signatures don't match from the 60's and this one on the car. And why would a Mopar guy sign a Ford product?

I have already checked with the dealership and past service managers and they have no clue what the history of the car is. The facts as I know it is that The Yankee Peddler passed away in 1998 and this model car was manufactured, according to the box, in 2004.

Can anybody help me with this mystery collectible?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
It would help if you could post a picture (or a link to) of the car. If it is a yellow GT, there were some signed by Bill Ford.

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I'd say that Bill Ford should be easily recognizable.

Attachments

• P9060063.jpg
    P9060063.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 406

LadyGT

Dec 5, 2008
I'll see what I can do about getting a picture up. By the way, it's white with navy blue stripes.

I was wondering if there is a specialty market for these? I noticed you just can't get this type of model anywhere retail. While inspecting the original packaging which is still attached to the car, I found a number: 0985 ME. Can this be used for tracking purposes because it is signed?

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'll see what I can do about getting a picture up. By the way, it's white with navy blue stripes.

I was wondering if there is a specialty market for these? I noticed you just can't get this type of model anywhere retail. While inspecting the original packaging which is still attached to the car, I found a number: 0985 ME. Can this be used for tracking purposes because it is signed?

I have a while with blue stripes 1:18 model that has Bill Ford's signature on the left rear quarter panel. It was originally sold or given away through a dealership. Did your model come with a stand as well?

LadyGT

Dec 5, 2008
No stand. It's still attached to the original cardboard box packaging with all the tape on the car intact. The signature is on the left front side panel and it looks like it was done with a black Sharpie. My goal is to track down the previous owner of the Ford dealership. Another tough job to do. If I have to, I'll even write to the Ford Headquarters. lol.

Thanks guys for the help.

Cammer

Dec 7, 2006
William Flynn

Currently: Field Operations Manager at Ford Motor Company

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Along this same line guys. I was wondering if Edsel B. Ford II was known to have signed a couple of these cars as I have been offered one by my local dealership. The diecast is yellow with black stripes and is considered a Ford GT Concept.

JRGoens

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2008
Lincoln, NE
Here is a picture of the signature that I am trying to identify. Is this the signature of Edsel B. Ford II.

signature.jpg

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Edsel B. Ford for sure. A long way from Bill Flynn.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Bill Frick ? Now, that was an important name in cars. Flynn ? no Individuals surnamed Ford subsequent to The Duece ? inconsequential or culpable

LadyGT

Dec 5, 2008
William Flynn

Currently: Field Operations Manager at Ford Motor Company

With the holidays coming, I had to put aside this project of mine.

Thank you Cammer. Do you know where or how I can contact this person?