White static cling plastic on new cars. Where to get?

BillyRay

GT Owner
May 5, 2008
Phoenix
Has anyone had access to this stuff? Has anyone tried this for a road trip?
I,d like to get a roll of this but in a clear format if possible.
It would be nice to get to your location and peal this stuff off and throw away. Keep a small roll in the front storage area.
Dealers might have a good idea where to locate this stuff.
I currently have the clear bra on my GT but my other car could use this film.

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
Discussed a couple of weeks ago near the end of Skyrex's thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14444

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
We stock this plastic wrap (see red rollers) at my Self Storage facility. I never thought about it. But a couple friends came in and were raving about how great the stuff is for protecting furniture and other things during moving.

I've seen professional movers use it, but didn't even know it was sold at the retail level for customers.

And, I have no idea how well, or if, it would work for cars, but your post immediately made it come to mind, you should be able to find some locally, at any place that carries packing or shipping supplies.

Sounds like GT38's (hope you had a nice drive back yesterday, BTW) option is better.

P1000363copy.jpg

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Keep a small roll in the front storage area.

My front storage area gets hot. I'd worry anything plastic could deform or meld together.

I think Kip is working on a luggage solution, and I thought he might have mentioned some sort of heat insulation?

GT38

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 19, 2008
Glendale, Arizona
(hope you had a nice drive back yesterday, BTW)

Thanks - yes we did, and trust that you and everyone else had good trips home too. Later on I'll post a few photos and comments about the trip on the Bony Forum.

Looking forward to hearing more about Kip's luggage solution!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I have a 24" x 660' roll of AutoWrap inbound that I will convert to 24" x 100' rolls. Clear is available at a higher cost and if we have enough interest I can check availability of that as well.
This is the same material that the auto manufacturers use & it does have a low tack adhesive to keep it on at speed.

I do not recommend shipping wrap as it is static cling only and has no actual adhesive. It is also very thin and would not offer the same level of protection.

:cheers
Trent

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Thanks - yes we did, and trust that you and everyone else had good trips home too. Later on I'll post a few photos and comments about the trip on the Bony Forum.

Looking forward to hearing more about Kip's luggage solution!

It is a CF luggage piece which will fit into the odd shaped bonnet.