Whipple Ind. working on an upgrade!

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
satx said:
check out this link........about halfway down there is a side by side of the 3.3 and the 2.3. Good GOD that thing is freakin' huge!!

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2003-2004-svt-cobra-terminator/whipple-back-39031-4.html
I guess that will consume the last drop of rear-window visibility in the GT :eek :eek
Heck who needs to see out the rear glass anyway :thumbsup we'll still be able to see all the other supercars in the side-mounted rearview mirrors :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
One of my concerns about the lack of visibility towards the rear is spotting the police when driving the car as it should be driven. Making the car faster and the rear visibiltiy worst will only increase the chances of getting a moving violation.

BlackICE

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
BlackICE said:
One of my concerns about the lack of visibility towards the rear is spotting the police when driving the car as it should be driven. Making the car faster and the rear visibiltiy worst will only increase the chances of getting a moving violation.

This is why they place side mirrors on vehicles. Don't worry if a police officer lights are flashing i'm am sure that you will see.

Its a know fact that drivers that do not drive using their side mirrors cause accidents.

If when driving you are only using your rear view mirror i strongly suggest you go to a drivers school before you purchase or drive your GT

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
FORDGT001 said:
I have a 04 Lightning Pickup and whipple makes a upgraded charger for it, but the guys on the Lightning Forum say don't do it unless your going to make other engine mods meaning internals.

there is a reason they say that........the lightning comes with sub-par internals. Ask them what they are upgrading and you will see that they are building "GT like" engines to run big boost. Even an upgraded Lightning engine will not have the superior block the GT uses.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I scan all of the mirrors while driving. The view in from the center mirror is better for quick acquisition of police. The side mirrors work but for me are less quick. I have been to some informal driving schools and open track events and the center mirror is handy for picking up the joker following very closely into a slow corner. If he is right on my tail I tend to brake less aggressively. I have seen some of these want to be racers stuff it into the backend of another car. I go to the track just to have a good time at speeds greater than I can do safely on the road and am not planning to become an amateur racer.

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
I also scan constantly for cops, using all mirrors, but the center one is extremely important. If you can see the cop far enough back, that gives you time to slow down and not get a ticket. Very important!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
700 hp

Sounds IMPOSSIBLE on pump gas. :frown

Have the figured a way around physics? :confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Have been waiting and waiting... latest emails to Mr. Whipple have not been answered. Being that the company is located in Fresno I would like to see what can be done to add a little more umph to the old GT :biggrin

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I don't see the need for the bigger supercharger unless race gas is run and more boost used. The stock sc with some pulley upgrades runs 15-18lbs, more boost than can be safely used on low octane. It would also be interesting to see the hp and tq curves compared for different pulley and sc systems.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bony, that avatar adds all the OOMPH you need in the ole GT. I almost can't read your posts because of the distraction!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
californiacuda said:
I don't see the need for the bigger supercharger unless race gas is run and more boost used. The stock sc with some pulley upgrades runs 15-18lbs, more boost than can be safely used on low octane. It would also be interesting to see the hp and tq curves compared for different pulley and sc systems.

I have seen some amazing dyno charts from whipple based on a pulley and reflash. They don't belong to anyone on this board. Maybe Awsum will post them. He shared them with me. Very impressive. :biggrin