while on the street the other day...

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
As my wife and I walked down the busy sidewalk, knowing we were late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds who are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this person's condition

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them. Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty.

A small voice inside my head called out,
"Reach out, reach out!"

So I did..........

I get out of the hospital in about 3 months.
It would be nice to get a card or maybe a visitor.

Attachments

• Vagabond1.jpg
    Vagabond1.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Me_hospital.jpg
    Me_hospital.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

BlackStorm

Sep 7, 2006
Houston, TX
:rofl :rofl :rofl

Excellent!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As my wife and I walked down the busy sidewalk, knowing we were late for an important meeting, my eye fell upon one of those unfortunate, homeless vagabonds who are found in every city these days.

Wearing what can only be describes as rags, carrying every worldly possession in two plastic bags, my heart was touched by this person's condition

Some people turned to stare. Others quickly looked away as if the sight would somehow contaminate them. Recalling some long ago Sunday School admonition to "care for the sick, feed the hungry and clothe the naked," I was moved by some powerful inner urge to reach out to this unfortunate person.

Yes, where some people saw only rags, I saw a hidden beauty.

A small voice inside my head called out,
"Reach out, reach out!"

So I did..........

I get out of the hospital in about 3 months.
It would be nice to get a card or maybe a visitor.

"NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED" - 'Pocket's Law (Stolen from sumbuddy else...)

Regardless, yuh gotta keep on reachin' out!

E.P.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
plumbers crack in a female........interesting....