Which exhaust setup is too loud?

Russ Oasis

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2005
Miami, FL
OK Guys, this is my first GT (I've got 5 Vipers). I'm having trouble understanding which of the the two available exhaust setups is too loud (if either). The 9430 GT seems to be just the headers and the 9430 GTX appears to be the headers, muffler (CAT delete) and exhaust. Is the GTX too loud for street use? I'm used to very loud cars and generally don't mind. I just don't want to lose that beautiful V-8 whine that you get as the engine winds. Anyone with exhaust experience can PM me or answer in the thread. Thanks!
Russ

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Russ, I rode as passenger in the GTX1 for about 30 miles on the Florida turnpike, and drove it for a short distance. The "loud" question is very subjective, but my impression was under hard accelleration it is loud like many people would want it to be but no where near as deafening as a 427 Shelby Cobra. Under easy accelleration it sounds like it looks (racy). Cruising in 4th- 6th is very mild sounding. I believe the GTX1 has headers direct to the Borla muffler.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Kirby Vieira said:
I believe the GTX1 has headers direct to the Borla muffler.

Ya it does. Ford "shorty" headers hooked up to the Borla unit.

Russ Oasis

GT Owner
Dec 28, 2005
Miami, FL
HP Increase Too?

And for those of you who have experienced the GTX1 setup, do you think that there is a significant HP increase too or is it primarily an aural enhancement?
Russ

Mar 15, 2006
you want the best sounding GT? run the long tube headers thru the factory muffler. no cats, but this is the best combo of ripping sound without making you deaf.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
i put on the gtx part number complete and it is loud

as if the world is comming to and end

however for a sunday driiver i like it a lot..

at wide open throttle is equivalent to F1 car

if you want to hear the loudness go to streetfire.net and in the search field type ford gt

then select FORD GT DOES 10.4 @145 VIDEO that is how loud that option is..

joe