What would you be looking to buy next?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Although this is at least 'inferred' in Tony's comments above, it probably should be stated directly:
Anyone who might be even slightly claustrophobic (or has a spouse who is and 'said spouse usually accompanies you) would be well advised to sit in a GT40 with its doors closed before even beginning to look for one to buy. A GT40 truly IS a car that's "worn" - occupants do not just simply sit "in" one. The expression ("You do not sit in a GT40 - you wear it") is darned close to being a 100% literal fact.
Wifey was not at all 'comfy' in the MKII we sat in...she couldn't get out of it quick enough once the doors were closed.

JMPO. OMV.
Stop it! Smells like fuel. Rattles your body. Loud as heck. Fits like a glove. Wife doesn't want to go. I really want one now!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Since I didn’t get a NFGT allocation, I’m thinking an airplane. Way faster...

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Most modern sports cars are excellent and can do everything pretty well. Depends on what's important.

If you have excellent driving roads in your area, I would look at a 991+ GT3/RS/Touring. PDK in a GT3 RS remains undefeated for pure performance, or if you feel the need for a manual you could drop to a regular GT3 or a Touring. Very useable cars with telepathic steering, timeless aesthetics, and a holy grail powertrain that won't be around much longer. Maintenance isn't super hateful either. 991.1 cars are very reasonable right now and you can get 991.2s at good prices as well.
What's the best Porsche forum to help me get educated? I've been looking at GT3's for the last while and I need more information.

QSS

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What's the best Porsche forum to help me get educated? I've been looking at GT3's for the last while and I need more information.

QSS
Rennlist

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
OK thanks. I'll go have a look.

QSS

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Pete K, I’ve got something a lot cheaper for sale and people tell me if you stand it up on its tail it looks like a rocket ship!

Attachments

• F9EE391D-F2ED-4203-98AF-4531E81A2369.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions: extrap

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Heh, heh! Too late—one of my two New Years resolutions is to get back in the cockpit! So I’m already committed to that. (My other resolution is to watch less TV, especially “news shows”, and instead read more books)

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
I sold my 2001 Viper ACR In April of 2019 and invested the money into cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, etc. I will be selling my investments sometime this year and will be buying a used Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2017-2019). Gonna put twin turbo's on it and break all the personal best speed records I set in my Ford GT.

Last edited: