What would you be looking to buy next?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Almost too pristine to drive especially since the prices on that low of a mile last year was probably pretty steep.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
That's beautiful. Where did you find it?

QSS

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I love my ‘91 NSX. Been looking for an NA-1 NSX Type R. RHD but who cares 🙂

Reactions: digman1

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Yeah, probably technically too nice to drive, but I am going to drive it anyway. I guess I'll put clear film on the front, mirrors, etc.

I bid on a couple on BringaTrailer, but found this one by posting "WTB silver NSX, black interior, manual, targa, never wrecked, low miles" on the NSX forum, the owner responded the next day, we talked on the phone, and the deal was done. Six-figure price but deservedly so. Definitely nicer than the other cars I had bid on.

And amazingly, the car was NOT in California, it was in the southeast. I would have driven it home, but it came with a spare NOS factory windshield, so I hooked up my new 18 year old featherlite and drove to get it, actually stopping en route at Summit in Atlanta to pick up some RaceRamps.

Last edited:

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
30 years ago I was buying mid 60's mustangs.
20 years ago I was buying 80's and 90's mustangs
10 years ago I bought a 68 Shelby GT500, an 08 GT500 and a 07 Shelby GT-H 5sp stick. I still have the 68 GT500, the 07 Shelby GT H and a 93 Mustang, triple black Convertible.
Last year I bought an 06 Ford GT and after I bought it, I realized, I don't want any more 60's technology (my 68 GT500 is beautiful and I love driving it but the technology and the capabilities of the car are lacking). My 06 FGT is the pinnacle of my car passion/obsession/hobby.

Prior to buying my 06 FGT I was looking at Ferraris 360's, F430's and 458's. Was also looking at first gen NSX's, Porsch GT3's and GT2's.

I'm thinking about all the above for my next purchase or a Spyker C8 Laviolette, a Porsche Carrera GT, a Lamborghini Countach/Diablo or even a FP350s/FR500s or c for the track. I know, I am all over the place. Piganni's, Koenigsegg, and Porsche 918's are out of my range.

I've been considering my next purchase and I was wondering what you all have or what would you consider buying to "mix it up" in a collection? Since I only own Ford's, any other brands would be a big step for me.

I'd really like to hear your thoughts.

QSS
Problems, problems, problems.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
In case other folks are thinking about an NSX, here's a chart I did of 2020 sales on BringaTrailer. I did this a few weeks ago, so I'm sure there have been a couple sold since then. The prices do not include the 5% BaT buyer's fee (capped at $5K max).
bat 2020 nsx thur nov 6.jpg

Reactions: steved57

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
The previous owner put the Zanardi springs on the car, which lower the car about 1/2". As such, I'll probably put the Bilsteins on the top perch. It's got an aftermarket exhaust on it, not sure if I'll keep that on or not, we'll see what my ears say after the first trip. The car did come with the removed oem exhaust, so I can always put that on.

Yeah, not planning on snow and ice, but spending time in OH and NC there are lots of nice days where all-season tires are the only safe bet.
The stock exhaust is virtually silent, I kept it on, but put the GTGuys cross pipe on, the GT, just the right amount of "noise". I've been tempted a few times, to wake up the NSX, but then I just love the way it is.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Great NSX! There are a few of us NSX/GT owners...now you just need a Pantera!

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I have had the pleasure of owning my two most recent dream cars at the same time ('05 and '19 Ford GT's). I still own my very first dream car, a pristine lower mileage (sub <100k) '94 BMW E36ic with removable hardtop purchased after college. I actually had this car and a '95 BMW M3 in Estoril blue with dove gray leather at the same time. I chose to keep the convertible because it was perfect for summertime. Probably should have kept the M3. My next purchase will stay in the Bavarian Motorwerks family. If I could ever find a lower mileage clean example of an 1989 E30 M3 in hellrot red, I'm jumping on it. This has been one of my grail cars for as long as I can remember.

Attachments

• M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
If I could ever find a lower mileage clean example of an 1989 E30 M3 in hellrot red, I'm jumping on it.

This is pretty close...

Reactions: B. West

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Another one...

Reactions: B. West

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Both look like amazing examples of the iconic E30 M3. I’m gonna have to do some research. Thanks for sending.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Great NSX! There are a few of us NSX/GT owners...now you just need a Pantera!
I thought that I had ROFR on a great one.....................alas.................

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Both look like amazing examples of the iconic E30 M3. I’m gonna have to do some research. Thanks for sending.

Those guys are local to me, and have a reputation for having VERY nice cars.

If you get serious with them, I'd be happy to go look at the car(s) for you. They are literally a couple miles from me.

BTW, I also have had several E36 models, currently a low mile M3 convertible I bought on BaT and drove from CA to OH.

Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
For what it's worth, I'm still interested in a 2014 Mercedes SLS Black series. Every time I had the chance to score one, I turned it down thinking overpriced and prices would fall. Thus far, not the case...

Tomcat

GT Owner
I thought that I had ROFR on a great one.....................alas.................
See text message...

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
@centerpunch Great car and even better story. You even got the removable hardtop.....that was a great purchase. If I decide to do anything after researching, I will let you so you can put some eyes on it. Thank you.

Reactions: centerpunch

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
@centerpunch Great car and even better story. You even got the removable hardtop.....that was a great purchase.

When I was younger I always wanted to get the removable hardtop when I bought a convertible. I now know that it's just another huge space-consuming albatross I will never use, always in the way lol!

(In this case it did make the cross-country trip quieter, but removed any chance for top-down sightseeing.)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
When I was younger I always wanted to get the removable hardtop when I bought a convertible. I now know that it's just another huge space-consuming albatross I will never use, always in the way lol!

(In this case it did make the cross-country trip quieter, but removed any chance for top-down sightseeing.)

The new C8 HTC should solve that. Altho it's a Chevy.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
The new C8 HTC should solve that. Altho it's a Chevy.

I think that is an amazing car, but I can't stomach the aesthetics or the lack of a 3rd pedal!

Reactions: extrap