what is wrong with FORD???

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I just bought a brand new GT. Nice car - Problem is that Ford DOES NOT write an extended service agreement on the cars!!! What gives?? Do they not believe in th ecars?? They built them, right? so they should stand behind them!!!

Heck, they even own the extended service warrenty company and they still wont write the thing!! Common, Edsel, lighten up and write a service contarct on my GT!!!

Someone know anyone at Ford that can get this pushed thru??

Also, I got this unlisted number direct to the Ford GT desk for questions, etc. It is (866) 742 3673

Stephen Becker

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Welcome, where are you located? Great question. :wink

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Welcome aborad and remember who you are dealing with FoMoCo who is in grave financial trouble. So why worry about a few people who spent a fortune on a special car. If they can afford the car they can afford the servicing.

On the reverse it was designed to be serviced at any Ford dealer so why worry ( :lol ).

BTW did you mean Bill Ford and not Edsel who appears to be relegated to chauffering Carroll Shelby around at B-J.

Dave

TRFordGT

Feb 3, 2006
a more reasonable way to look at it is this:
most exotics are low mileage vehicles. because of this the car i would expect, would be more prone to unusual warranty claims, as far as parts not breaking from use, but rather from un-use. that combined with a low production would make it very hard to price a warranty. but at least its a ford, built with mostly off the shelf parts, so at least if something does break its not going to cost an arm and a leg like some other exotic brands.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
TRFordGT said:
a more reasonable way to look at it is this:
most exotics are low mileage vehicles. because of this the car i would expect, would be more prone to unusual warranty claims, as far as parts not breaking from use, but rather from un-use. that combined with a low production would make it very hard to price a warranty. but at least its a ford, built with mostly off the shelf parts, so at least if something does break its not going to cost an arm and a leg like some other exotic brands.

If you have ever have the opportunity to speak with John Coletti he will tell you the car was designed to be serviced at any Ford dealership and that parts would not be a problem. Thus servicing, parts availability, etc. were not issues and that a long term warranty is of no concern to FoMoCoO. Its a buyers issue to find one if they need it. They so no need to develop one because the market is so miniscule. This I believe is the reasonable way to look at the logic behind the issue. :cheers

Dave