What have you done with your new Ford GT?

ChipBeck

GT Owner/Moderator
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Concours in the Hills

Gentlemen,

Last Saturday Arizona auto scene heavyweight and all around good guy Peter Volny put on the 6th Annual Concours in the Hills out on the lakeside grass at Fountain Hills AZ. Peter does this every year and has raised $500,000 for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital to build a special play & recovery room for kids battling cancer. Peter is a childhood cancer survivor and he is most committed to helping others. Peg and I took both GT’s to an ABC News TV promo segment on Friday and then displayed both cars all day Saturday. It was a great event with nearly 900 cars on display. Harley Cluxton brought his Mirage and there was a beautiful Porsche 917. The Shelby Lone Star, and my favorite single seat auto, Andretti’s Lotus 38. Over 50 Ferrari’s, 80+ Porsche, Mclaren’s galore, and every other exotic imaginable. Last year I had the only NFGT, this year there were 4 and a bunch of ‘05-‘06’s. Peggy handed out 60 Matchbox GT’s to the kids. A 15 year old friend of mine showed up wearing a 1969 Le Mans shirt and it made for a cool photo next to the Mirage. A fine day in every way.

Chip

Attachments

Last edited:

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
Haven't done much other than having it wrapped at the moment, and may even leave as is. I've waited 2+ years to finally be handed the keys. Please allow me to introduce my 2019 Ford GT, whom I call "The Skunk" to the forum. Photo courtesy of Steve McCord.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
That's a great shot! Can't wait to see more pics! Welcome to the forum and Congrats!!!

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Jul 28, 2016
Wow, Yizio, I never thought I'd like to see a skunk up close and personal, but now I do! Come out for an event (we Arizonans are having a 2 day drive at the end of March - hint, hint). You'll find we Forum folks are a pretty fun lot!

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Jul 28, 2016
Wild West - the black background is stunning, yet the white is pretty darn great, too. Clearly you can't go wrong with whatever you choose.
And same invite... pop on over for a drive next month. We should meet! :)

WildWest

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2016
Idaho
Wild West - the black background is stunning, yet the white is pretty darn great, too. Clearly you can't go wrong with whatever you choose.
And same invite... pop on over for a drive next month. We should meet! :)
We would love to pop over for a drive, however it's 12 hours one way for us, through snow and ice. Thank you for the invite, maybe after we get the clear wrap on our car :)

YIZIO

Feb 9, 2019
Great shot Yizio, I love the look as well as your selection of the GT! Welcome to the Forum and hope you post more great pictures of your beauty. Would love to meet you and your beautiful Girl in person sometime soon!
Thank you so much! I feel very welcomed ;)

YIZIO

Feb 9, 2019
Wow, Yizio, I never thought I'd like to see a skunk up close and personal, but now I do! Come out for an event (we Arizonans are having a 2 day drive at the end of March - hint, hint). You'll find we Forum folks are a pretty fun lot!
If the timing is right, I may make that event. Thanks for the invite!

Special K

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
www.kevinclabert.com
Haven't done much other than having it wrapped at the moment, and may even leave as is. I've waited 2+ years to finally be handed the keys. Please allow me to introduce my 2019 Ford GT, whom I call "The Skunk" to the forum. Photo courtesy of Steve McCord.

As everyone else has said, welcome to the forum! Congrats on the beautiful car and adventures that lie ahead!! Hope to meet you at future events!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YIZIO

Feb 9, 2019
As everyone else has said, welcome to the forum! Congrats on the beautiful car and adventures that lie ahead!! Hope to meet you at future events!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Truly appreciate the welcome :) Looking forward to our paths crossing soon