What have you done with your new Ford GT?

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Some GT magic this morning. I’m having my GT sent up north to test a tune and has luck would have it, a previously unknown GT owner in my little hometown was having his car delivered on the same truck picking up my car. Upon hearing this, I decided to surprise the new owner (which he was!) and show up at 6 am before his car showed up. I think my car was the last thing he expected to see. It’s always exciting meet a new GT owner, and even more so when he is 15 minutes away. He’s been a lurker on here so let’s see if he joins!
View attachment 68075
This makes 4-1/2 new Ford GTs in Louisiana MM you get half credit because I see you car more in FL than here! 😜
Hah. I'll take half credit. It's in FL now but will return at some point this year.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The local Southern California car venue was having a special Supercar Saturday, so after a late friday night, I managed to wake up and head over just after 6:00 am this morning. They parked me next to a Pinifarina Battista.

But a few strangers still came up to me, and whispered, without me asking for an opinion, they shared how much they loved the Ford GT, and how they thought it was the best car there. (There were some insane other supercars there).

But wow, how lucky are we to experience this timeless work of art.

And yes, some people were unhappy with the whole allocation process.

But I think people had been complaining about allocation and dealer markups for years, and it seems it's only getting worse. Uh, anyone try to buy or order a modern Porsche lately? (I have not, but I hear the mark ups and process are really unpleasant).

Thanks again to Ford, for all the efforts to take the time to create a process to reduce that whole mess, and again, for the gift of experiencing this legendary vehicle.

Still a huge crowd pleaser, for sure, and many years after the first were introduced.

TFL-SupercarSunday-2387.jpgTFL-SupercarSunday-2451.jpg

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I feel the Ken Miles Heritage is my favorite. Great photos aa always Syco!

Reactions: Stef and SYCO GT

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dream Rides Track Day At MSR South Of Houston today Benefiting Houston’s Underserved Youth! I Always Love to Share my Girl With The Youth Even In 99-100 degree temperature! I found a shady spot! Even the FrankMobile made it around the track!

Attachments

• IMG_1798.jpeg
    IMG_1798.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1808.jpeg
    IMG_1808.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1804.jpeg
    IMG_1804.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1812.jpeg
    IMG_1812.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1806.jpeg
    IMG_1806.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
Reactions: Awsum GT and Stef

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
That is hilarious! Wienermobile on the track. Love it.

And gorgeous to see two generations of white with blue stripes together.

Reactions: THamonGT and Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
The largest congregation in my town (Yucaipa) had its 10th annual car show.
I took the 2019 and out of about 200 plus cars it took best of show. And there were some really impressive cars in attendance. Some folks didn't know of the existence of the NFGT, and most who did had never seen one in the wild. Some had seen me cruising around town and were hoping for a up close look.

During the show I always had a crowd around the car and I must have answered a 1000 questions. Good thing I had a plaque with info.
I have had the car at other shows/city's where you might see the occasional Ford GT but Yucaipa is different. I am the only multiple GT owner around here. We have more gearheads per capita for such a small town so the car was highly entertaining and very appreciated.

I think the best part of it all is I struck FGT ambassador gold. Because this years winner of 'Best of Show' will be next years car used in all advertisement, the banners on one of the main streets (high traffic) near the place, T-shirts and the awards.
Yucaipa is not the small town it used to be, but it still has that small town atmosphere. Almost all 40,000 plus residents are going to know what a NFGT is this time next year. Score!!!
Sorry I was so busy I didn't get any pics until latter.

POST SCRIPT: A new chartreuse C8 pulled in next to me but with enough space between us. Hardly anyone paid attention, the Vette, was almost completely ignored.

Attachments

• 20230807_233222.jpg
    20230807_233222.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 9
  • 20230807_232301.jpg
    20230807_232301.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20230807_231942.jpg
    20230807_231942.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
If the blue oval on the front clip doesn't convince someone this should.

Attachments

• DSC_0739-2.JPG
    6.3 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: THamonGT

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Dream Rides Track Day At MSR South Of Houston today Benefiting Houston’s Underserved Youth! I Always Love to Share my Girl With The Youth Even In 99-100 degree temperature! I found a shady spot! Even the FrankMobile made it around the track!
I did a track day at MSR 2 weeks ago which was miserable, at least this was for a good cause. Hope you had access to some AC?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What kind of plague do you have out there in California? I hear leprosy is making a comeback

Reactions: Ed Sims and Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
What kind of plague do you have out there in California? I hear leprosy is making a comeback

You name it, we've got it.
That's why people are leaving in droves.

Auto spell correct is a wonderful thing 🤣

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ha ha.

Reactions: Stef

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Love Big Bend area of The Great State of Texas!! October weather hard to beat!!

Attachments

• IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2778.jpeg
    IMG_2778.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2781.jpeg
    IMG_2781.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2793.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2520.jpeg
    IMG_2520.jpeg
    488.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2785.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2791.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2794.jpeg
    IMG_2794.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You should get a new cell phone with a better camera. That doesn't look like you in front of Prada. Re,member, the Devil wears Prada. Hope you had Donny Mac in the lead clearing off pesky rabbits.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
You should get a new cell phone with a better camera. That doesn't look like you in front of Prada. Re,member, the Devil wears Prada. Hope you had Donny Mac in the lead clearing off pesky rabbits.
Yes sir- DM was with us. You’re right, pix don’t do justice to the majesty of God’s handiwork! Prada Peace sign at Valentine was for you, Doc! Lol

Reactions: dbk

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Love Big Bend area of The Great State of Texas!! October weather hard to beat!!
We just got back from Big Bend/Terlingua/Marathon in the BRaptor. The road and off road experience is fantastic. Aside from hiking my favorite is the expansive starry night sky.

Reactions: Special K and JWZ

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Life's good, isn't it?

With all the hustle, bustle and challenges life throws at us, it's not lost on me how lucky we all are. Living in a place where we can hop in our American made, Le Mans winning supercar to buy $3 worth of hardware from our local Tractor Supply reminds me just how good life can be.

Haven't talked to many of you in a while but hope you're all doing well and get the chance to take your GTs out soon if weather permits. God bless America and our gorgeous Ford GTs! Take care friends.

Seth
GT_TSC.jpg

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Life's good, isn't it?

With all the hustle, bustle and challenges life throws at us, it's not lost on me how lucky we all are. Living in a place where we can hop in our American made, Le Mans winning supercar to buy $3 worth of hardware from our local Tractor Supply reminds me just how good life can be.

Haven't talked to many of you in a while but hope you're all doing well and get the chance to take your GTs out soon if weather permits. God bless America and our gorgeous Ford GTs! Take care friends.

Seth
View attachment 69306
Life is great! I too use my GT for farming duty… deciding on which of my white Fords can be tough sometimes: 43E0B5AC-8B45-4BB5-853C-39103F8E06C2.jpegIMG_6633.jpeg

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Life is great! I too use my GT for farming duty… deciding on which of my white Fords can be tough sometimes: View attachment 69307View attachment 69308

Haha! Love it Special K! What a juxtaposition and difficult decision you have there. ;)

Reactions: Special K

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Haha! Love it Special K! What a juxtaposition and difficult decision you have there. ;)
You can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy!

Ed

PS I think that was written by a Lou-z-anna boy!

Reactions: GTMD and Special K