What Do You Get With A Gt

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I have been reading on here that these GT's come with a assortment of items Carcover,owners manuals,DVD'S ETC. What actually comes with these cars? so when I buy mine I will get the things I should with the car.Thanks

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Most all of us received the owners manual, car cover, trickle charger, air compressor. Some of us received the special GT hardcover book. My dealer sent me a DVD with the GT book.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Most importantly you get the car. The other stuff is nothing when you look at the big picture. Does it really matter if the car cover wasn't included, I don't think so. It doesn't impact the value in any way shape or form.

Dave

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I'm with you on that one Dave.... the extra 'fluffy' bits were never any part of my decision to buy.

I think I got the cover, there's a bag under the hood with something in, I haven't opened it. There's what looks like an air compressor - and I think that's it.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
WhiteBlueGT said:
Most all of us received the owners manual, car cover, trickle charger, air compressor. Some of us received the special GT hardcover book. My dealer sent me a DVD with the GT book.
Jerry, could you please post a picture of the dvd or let us know the name of the dvd?

Thanks! :biggrin

Docrug

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Mansfield, Tx
For a few days after I brought my GT home I kept walking out to the garage just to look at it... told my wife it was like when I have to stop and look @ her, Can't believe I have 2 things that beautiful !!! Besides, she let me buy the car

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
The DVD is a copy of the TV ad's Titled "The Ford GT". There is a red GT on the cover of the DVD and what looks to be a dark blue or black GT with all the doors and hoods in the open poition on the back. There are 4 different segments on the DVD. 1st is an introduction 30 sec TV spot called a teaser, 2nd is a spot called "The One - 60 seconds, 3rd is called "The making of the one", and 4th is called Performance Trilogy". On the face of the DVD it says Ford TV Television.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
And who made the DVD which is the $ 64,000 question/ FoMoCo or someone else as a non-authroized item.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
It does not say who produced the dvd. I'm guessing it was a Ford produced dvd since I received it from the dealer that sold me the GT. Maybe it was given to the dealers as a promo? The photo on the cover of the dvd is the photo shown on the link posted above for the "The One" 60 second commercial.

Last edited:

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
A big bill !

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I believe there are two DVD's

One has the commercials and was intended for pre production hype.
\
The other is for owners and has tips on operation and handling. I believe its John Titus the gent that has done many Ford commercials.

drive4fun

GT Owner
Sep 27, 2005
Yes, John Titus narrates a compressed owner's manual for the car. It is well done and by the way, it stresses the need to let the car warm up properly given the dry sump oil system. Letting it warm up also helps an occasionally stiff 1-2 shift.

Titus also referrences--and holds up a copy of--- the hardcover book all owners should have received from their dealers.

If you think these items are a nominal issue, try seeing what they will cost you on Ebay.

The issue here is one of professionalism. If the car is supposed to come with a cover, a trickle charger, an owner's manual, a dvd and a book: then for God's sake, and $160k, give the buyer what he or she is supposed to get. It is completely tacky to take such items.

Ford customer service should also get its act together and know what the story is when owners call....they are nice people, but they don't have a clue. If Ford was heads up, they would scan sites like this regularly and occasionally post a "PR dept. blessed" bit of info.

No question, Ford has some fine engineers---I love my GT. But their current market cap--which is the same as Harley Davidson's --even though they are 35 times as big in revenue--and the way they handle something like this, suggest they don't have a lot of 'business' people.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Anyone have a part number for the trickle charger? Seems I got everything except that.

Thanks.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
still waiting for a part number on the cd... never got one.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
bony said:
still waiting for a part number on the cd... never got one.

That's because there is none, it was not an official delivery item.

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Florida Chris said:
Anyone have a part number for the trickle charger? Seems I got everything except that.

Thanks.

Chirs

I think the trickle charger was a European delivery item and not in the States. I did not get one and I can only remember Neil and some one else from Europe talking about theirs.

Dave

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I received a trickle charger as did my friend (serial #s 1111 & 1112) these are US cars. The hard cover books were sent to the dealers months in advance when they received their allotment and It was up to them to turn it over. If the car was not ordered to spec by the customer but instead by the dealer for sure they would not have handed it over. However the book can be ordered from Ford for approx. $125.00. We never recived a CD.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
<<Yes, John Titus narrates a compressed owner's manual for the car. It is well done and by the way, it stresses the need to let the car warm up properly given the dry sump oil system. >>

This is too darned confusing-

so, the above mentioned compressed owner's manual DVD, narrated by John Titus, is a Ford-produced item, but not intended to be included with delivery? How do dealers get their hands on them? Can they be ordered? They have no item number on them? :shrug

I also got a trickle charger (but had to buy my book on eBay!!)

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
perhaps somebody with a cd would like to duplicate it, I will gladly pay costs involved. thanks