West Houston FGT Owners, I Need a Small Favor

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
As many know, I want to re-paint my wheels back to silver and no one has ever been sure what the paint code was. After numerous discussions with people, including BBS, I bought a bottle of the consensus opinion and painted a small bracket with it.

Can anyone spare the time for me to come over some weekend (or meet at a neutral location) so I can make a sight comparison between your wheels and my painted bracket? Thanks

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Sure but I am central

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
As many know, I want to re-paint my wheels back to silver and no one has ever been sure what the paint code was. After numerous discussions with people, including BBS, I bought a bottle of the consensus opinion and painted a small bracket with it.

Can anyone spare the time for me to come over some weekend (or meet at a neutral location) so I can make a sight comparison between your wheels and my painted bracket? Thanks
How about painting them the same color as the framework and/or SC in the engine bay. Looks close.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Noone has ever successfully matched the wheel paint... There is some magic floobie dust in the original paint that noone has ever been able to match.

The important thing is self-consistency. If you paint one wheel it will stand out, paint all 4 and they are consistent. Consistency across the entire population will probably never be achieved.

Redfire03

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2020
Denver, CO
You can contact Supreme Power in CA. They work directly with BBS and OE manufactures and have the refinishing paint for BBS wheels. Had them do a set of wheels in Porsche Neodyme and have seen their work on other BBS finishes and it looks great.

Reactions: Shark01

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
You can contact Supreme Power in CA. They work directly with BBS and OE manufactures and have the refinishing paint for BBS wheels. Had them do a set of wheels in Porsche Neodyme and have seen their work on other BBS finishes and it looks great.
They came up in my conversation with BBS and they use the same paint code that gets mentioned the most.

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
How about painting them the same color as the framework and/or SC in the engine bay. Looks close.
Won’t hurt to compare the little painted bracket to the SC (the engine braces have been replaced by the fancy aircraft looking ones) but not sure if I would get the confirmation I’m looking for. But ultimately, ANYTHING would look better than black.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I have OEM braces if anyone is interested.